Not sure - Which car to buy? - Manish Jhamb

I've started but new contract last week it lasts for 12-months everyday I'll be driving 150 miles round trip 4 days a week only not sure which car to buy at the moment I have a 12 years old Golf TDI 1.9 is the company laois a better option than a PCP I'm looking for a comfortable mid-range SUV and if it comes with some latest gadgets nothing like it my budget is is approximately £10,000 for 3 years any suggestions will be grateful

Not sure - Which car to buy? - Falkirk Bairn

I am not a fan of PCP/Lease for a person to enter especially 2nd hand as there are no 0% /low interest from manufacturer - Lease can be OK for companies.

600+ miles per week crucifies lease/PCP especially on 2nd hand cars.

When I ran a car for work I bought a simple car, brand new/ pre-reg/ ex-demo - petrol & manual. I did some 25K per year - the companies I worked for paid for the car in monthly allowance/mileage rate - are you going to be self employed or is it your pocket the commuting comes out of?

If self employed -you can charge 45p for 10K & 25p per mile thereafter

Brand new was the "old model" when the new model was out - it can be 30-40% off and you still get manufacturer warranty. You cannot afford to be without a car for a few days whilst in for repair.