Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer - looking for an car or van with no floor console - john sid

Hi I'm looking for a big automatic car or van with no or removable floor console ,as I am disabled (bad leggs) like the grand C4 spacetourer ,many thanks

Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer - looking for an car or van with no floor console - Bromptonaut

Not sure if it ticks the automatic box but the Citroen Berlingo and it's Peugeot/Vauxhall cousins might fit the bill?

Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer - looking for an car or van with no floor console - Cris_on_the_gas

I have got a 2011 Honda CRX 2.0 petrol automatic. No floor console between front seats. Had the car since new and has been very reliable and is comfortable to drive. The petrol models can be a bit thirsty, I get between 25-30 mpg on mostly town driving. This model was made between 2007-2012 so prices should be reasonable now. It is a nice relaxing car to drive and soaks up road humps with aplomb. Just did a webuyanycar lookup on my reg number for £7285.

Edited by Cris_on_the_gas on 19/08/2019 at 12:59

Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer - looking for an car or van with no floor console - john sid

Ok many thanks

Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer - looking for an car or van with no floor console - Falkirk Bairn

CRV not CRX (typo?)

Ok ,many thanks

Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer - looking for an car or van with no floor console - SLO76
Can’t be answered without a budget. Are we talking two grand or twenty?

I'm so sorry it will. Be a motability car

Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer - looking for an car or van with no floor console - skidpan

You need to get out and try as many different cars as possible and then decide which is best for you. All persons disabilities are different and there is no one solution.

Take my mother as an example. As her condition deteriorated she needed a car that was easier for her to get into and out of than the Almera. After some driving round we identified the Honda Jazz as the car that best suited her needs. It was fine for getting on for 5 years but again as she deteriorated getting out of the seat base that sloped back noticeably became very difficult a change was required. Some research on line suggested the Jazz as the best (we knew it was unsuitable) followed by the Mk 1 Nissan Note and Ford Fusion.

We looked at the Fusion and whilst it was fine Dad thought it was a bit big so off to look at the Note. What a total disaster, high flat seat but it was so far in from the edge of the car she could not get safely onto the seat. But whilst in the Nissan showroom I persuaded them to take another look at the Micra. We had one at the time but whilst mother could get in and out easily the 3 door version had very large front doors that were difficult in some parking spaces. The 5 door was perfect, it was kept for 7 1/2 years.

When that was up for replacement the Jazz was still the on line favourite but the seats still had the same issue. The Mk 2 Note was not liked, one of the reasons being the seats were not as high. So we went to look at the Kia Venga, a car much liked on the web but mother could not get in, far too high. So off to check out the new Note and it was perfect.

Nothing beats personal experience so get ou there.

Thanks, I gave tried abit 10 cars I'm wating for my driving licence tl come back from dvla as I'm also diabetic (well managed so no worry there thank God) it's just difficult loading and unloading my scooter by hand (the next one I'll have a hoist fitted at the same time ) sooo it's just a matter of looking at the interiors ,size ,height, boot space and height of seat

ps I'm used to big cars vans etc so I used to drive lorries on site so many thanks to all time I have internet I have so all advice warmly welcomed, regards John S

Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer - looking for an car or van with no floor console - SLO76

I'm so sorry it will. Be a motability car

Ah, that free’s you to get out and try them without having to worry about reliability or resale. Everything will be covered and the car will be new. The big Citroen is a nice thing to drive or just sit in so I’d look there first.

Ok ,I'm just waiting for my licence to returned from dvla ( im also diabetic ) if I was a horse then b***** shoot me lol ,thanks again ,John S