Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - oldroverboy.

In an earlier post the slight touch in a car park, "Blessed be he who invented dashcams"

Today, driving in the country, in a 30 zone doing 30, Had not set my satnav to drive for speed warning pings. normally set to zero tolerance.

Warning light and ping for grip control and scs came on, looked down to see it and must have accelerated a shade as taking a quick peek to instrument panel just on the exit to a bend noticed mobile camera, camera pointing in my direction of travel.

Checked dashcam footage after when home, recording 34mph.

Do i feel lucky?

wait and see.

Not complaining though, just stating.

Roundly told off by swmbo...

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - focussed

Speed limit tolerance is limit + 10% + 2.

So 30 + 3 + 2 = 35_ You might be lucky as long as the operator didn't fiddle it by "swiping" the laser beam along your car.

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - Smileyman

Spend to much time looking at the speedo and not enough at the road both immediately ahead and coming up in the distance, other traffic, pedestrians etc etc that's the danger of giving so much attention to speed.

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - Middleman

So 30 + 3 + 2 = 35_

Important to note that enforcement begins at Limit + 10% +2mph. So 34 in a 30 should be OK, 35 in a 30 should see enforcement.

You might be lucky as long as the operator didn't fiddle it by "swiping" the laser beam along your car.

Tell me the theory of how that works.

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - focussed

So 30 + 3 + 2 = 35_

Important to note that enforcement begins at Limit + 10% +2mph. So 34 in a 30 should be OK, 35 in a 30 should see enforcement.

You might be lucky as long as the operator didn't fiddle it by "swiping" the laser beam along your car.

Tell me the theory of how that works.

Here you are, it's not a new thing,it's been going on for years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/west/series11/week2_mobile_speed_cameras.shtml

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - Zippy123

Didn't someone point a laser based speed camera at a wall in a magistrates' court and show that the wall was doing 30MPH.

I have a Bosch (so hopefully moderately accurate) laser distance measuring device and when I point it at my lounge wall and stand "dead still" slight variations caused by breathing can add several inches (cms actually) to the distance.

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - nellyjak

You maybe lucky...I received points and fine for doing 36 in a 30 zone about 10+ years ago and I'm sure I was told that was 1mph too much to escape without "punishment." !

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - FP

A few years ago I was recorded as doing 46 mph in a 40 zone and was fined with no offer of a speed awareness course.

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - gordonbennet

Yes, me too 46mph, when lorries in England were still restricted to 40 on two way roads, West Mercia renowned for not offering courses.

Bump, warning light and then mobile camera. - They say it goes in 3's - FP

Mine was in Northamptonshire.