2001 Fiesta mk4 endura-E 1.3 - 2001 Fiesta operating temp? - Harel

Hi everyone, just out of curiosity

what is the normal operating temp for my fiesta? I live in a hot climate ,ambient temp here is around 35-37C

the car doesn't overheats and the temp gauge is always just slightly above the middle when the engine reach its operating temp,

when I enter the hidden menu I can view the coolant temp: so engine warms up until coolant temp reaches 89c and then I can see a drop in temp as the thermostat opens

while driving at highway speeds or to say above 30-40 mph coolant temp is around 92-96c

at very traffic or very slow driving coolant temp can go up to 110c, radiator fan kicks in at 105c though

so , i would appreciate if someone who have/had this car can tell me if this is normal and what their coolant temps are so i can compare to mine

thanks in advance

Harel

2001 Fiesta mk4 endura-E 1.3 - 2001 Fiesta operating temp? - elekie&a/c doctor
I would say your temp readings are spot on. Cooling fan coming on at 105c , is correct . I guess no ac fitted?

I got ac fitted but i rarely use it since a lot of hill climbs around and this engine is only 60hp so i spare it

about the temps it always seemed a bit high for me comparing to other cars, i guess this is due to the engine is cast iron maybe?

2001 Fiesta mk4 endura-E 1.3 - 2001 Fiesta operating temp? - jc2

Looks like it's got a 92 deg. thermostat-which is correct.

2001 Fiesta mk4 endura-E 1.3 - 2001 Fiesta operating temp? - daveyjp
Oil temp on my car settles at about 90 degrees in cooler UK summers. Highest I've seen is 105 briefly last summer when it was over 30 degrees and I was doing high speed up hill.
Oil temp on my car settles at about 90 degrees in cooler UK summers. Highest I've seen is 105 briefly last summer when it was over 30 degrees and I was doing high speed up hill.

Did you mean coolant temp?

I believe oil gets a little hotter than coolant ,probably around 100-125degree ?

2001 Fiesta mk4 endura-E 1.3 - 2001 Fiesta operating temp? - jc2

Fiesta gauge shows WATER temp.not oil.There is no oil temp. thermocouple.

Yup,only coolant temp

about a week ago I took the oil filler cap/breather off the rocker cover ,poured some gasoline in it and shook it pretty well, I then poured all the dirty gasoline out, a lot of gunk came out of it and i had to repeat this process several times until all or most of it was clean,

but since then it seems like theres a little more wetness of engine oil around the rocker cover, i know i always had a tiny leak from around the gasket but nothing to be concerned about,but now it seems it leaks a bit more

does anybody knows how this filler cap/breather work? could i damage it by pouring gas in it?both hoses that connected to the cap are clear as i cleaned them as well

thanks again

Harel

2001 Fiesta mk4 endura-E 1.3 - 2001 Fiesta operating temp? - bathtub tom

I'd suggest that after eighteen years this engine's a little 'tired'. The breather system could do with a flush.

What's its mileage and how much oil does it consume?

I know right i keep forgetting she is 18 years old :)

car has 126k miles and it doesn't consume any oil except the tiny leak around the rocker cover which seems to increase lately,, or maybe its just me worried too much

I use castrol 10w40 semi synthetic

fuel mileage has increased over the years thou