Ford F-150 - The best-selling car in the USA - craig-pd130

In an idle moment at work, we were discussing the best-selling cars globally, and it prompted a bit of digging.

In the USA, the Ford F-150 series of trucks is far and away the biggest selling automobile (as well as being one of the biggest automobiles). In 2018, Ford sold over 900,000 F-150 variants. Over nine hundred thousand of just one range of vehicles: I found this quite staggering.

For comparison, total UK car sales across ALL marques in the UK in 2018 was 2.3 million.

Ford F-150 - The best-selling car in the USA - badbusdriver

In an idle moment at work, we were discussing the best-selling cars globally, and it prompted a bit of digging.

In the USA, the Ford F-150 series of trucks is far and away the biggest selling automobile (as well as being one of the biggest automobiles). In 2018, Ford sold over 900,000 F-150 variants. Over nine hundred thousand of just one range of vehicles: I found this quite staggering.

For comparison, total UK car sales across ALL marques in the UK in 2018 was 2.3 million.

The F150 has been the best selling vehicle in the US for years and years. In fact, i think it is the best sellling single model in the world, certainly of the 4 wheeled variety.

Ford F-150 - The best-selling car in the USA - Heidfirst

The figures that I have for the F150 are ~290,000 sales in the USA in 2018. They sold over 1.1 million F-series (which also includes the heavier Super Duties) in 2018.

The best-selling vehicle in the USA that we would consider a car rather than a light truck is the Toyota RAV4, 120,000+ per year.

I think that the best selling model in the world (certainly of all time) is the Toyota Corolla .

Edited by Heidfirst on 03/07/2019 at 17:07

Ford F-150 - The best-selling car in the USA - expat

I think that the best selling model in the world (certainly of all time) is the Toyota Corolla .

The Corolla sales figures are just of a nameplate. There have been many versions some of which were RWD and later ones FWD. The only thing in common was the name. The Corolla is not like the VW Beetle or the Ford T which were basically the same machine over a long period of time albeit with refinements along the way.