Ford C-MAX 1.5 tdci 2015 - OBD 2 "engine service now" message - profixit

I bought a ford C Max 1.5 tdci titanium 2015. Stop/start. No key.
Done 300 miles in it with no problems, I did notice the battery wasn't holding charge for very long.
I replaced the battery with the same type.
Making sure I disconnected the positive terminal first, before disconnecting any other wires or sensors.
It took over an hour, taking my time and being careful.

Switching on the ignition I now get a engine warning message.
Engine Service Now.
Followed by
"tank empty _ _ _ miles"

It won't start.

Questions I have.

Is this a normal occurrence when changing battery.

Could codes have been cleared by previous owner. Only to come back after battery disconnect.

I've ordered a OBD 2 reader(Genuine elm327 interface)

Will I be able to read the errors in detail.

After errors check, is it possible to reset/clear all error codes.

Will the main dealer know I've used a OBD 2 reader.

I'm new to OBD scene, steep learning curve. But I'm enjoying the experience. When my head doesn't hurt.??

Many thanks
Angelo

Ford C-MAX 1.5 tdci 2015 - OBD 2 "engine service now" message - elekie&a/c doctor
Changing the battery on this should be a relatively straightforward process. There should be no issues starting the car afterwards. Are you sure all the battery leads are secure and tight? I doubt if an Elm scanner will give enough info to fix your problem. Also , did you by any chance connect the battery the wrong way round at any point ?

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, all connections secure and tight.

No reverse polarity.

I await my OBD ii reader, that's all I can do for now.

Ford C-MAX 1.5 tdci 2015 - OBD 2 "engine service now" message - elekie&a/c doctor
Just in case the electronics have thrown a wobbly, disconnect the battery for 5 mins , then re-try . You only need to disconnect one terminal.

I like the sound of that, gives me a opportunity to double check my work. Which I'm quietly confident is fine. With the battery disconnect, I could reseat all connectors.

I'll just disconnect the positive, see what happens.

Ford C-MAX 1.5 tdci 2015 - OBD 2 "engine service now" message - 3uga

Being it a 2015 car, doesent it have an adblue sistem? If it does, fill the adblue tank and the car should start. If the adblue tank is empty, ecu wont allow the car to start. Not having adblue can increse nox and chlog dpf.

If the car ran out of fuel, you may want to bleed the air out of the fuel pipe and fuel filter as it doesent have a tank fuel pump

Edited by 3uga on 14/06/2019 at 23:18