Ford Galaxy - PCM problems - fanatic278

Hoping to find someone with experience of my issue that can offer some technical advice.

My 2014 Ford Galaxy randomly cut out one day whilst driving. Eventually you could turn it back on, but after a few hours the same happened. We got it towed to a Ford dealer and they diagnosed a faulty PCM. Despite being out of warranty Ford agreed to cover 90% of the cost of a replacement. All good so far....

That was over 4 months ago and the Galaxy is still at the dealer. They cannot get the new PCM to speak (handshake) with the rest of the car - the dash says it is immobilised. They have tried two different new PCMs now. If you put the old PCM back in then it starts up fine, albeit with the same cutting out issues as before.

The dealer has tried their best. They have had the regional field engineer out maybe three times. The car has also been remotely connected up to a technical centre in Dublin. One of the new PCMs was sent to Dublin for a bench test, where they replicated the same issue. But alas nobody can get the car to start! Where can I go from here?

Edited by fanatic278 on 02/05/2019 at 12:01

Ford Galaxy - PCM problems - Big John

Don't replacement PCMs have to be programmed into the car and the keys?

Don't replacement PCMs have to be programmed into the car and the keys?

Yes, Ford have been using the keys for reprogramming. The issue is definitely more complex than that.
Ford Galaxy - PCM problems - elekie&a/c doctor
Are they using the correct “asbilt” data ? Have any other parts of the car been replaced that are part of the security network?

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 05/05/2019 at 22:17

Are they using the correct “asbilt” data ? Have any other parts of the car been replaced that are part of the security network?

The car hasn’t been altered since new. I’d hope they are using the correct as-built data, but I have no way of knowing.

Edited by fanatic278 on 05/05/2019 at 22:32