Nissan note 1.5L Diesel - Engine fault red and amber lights&Nissan warranty? - Bala

Dear Experts

Many thanks for the wonderful website.

I bought a Nissan Note 2015 regd Diesel 1.5L car. It is just crossed 1 year from my purchase and i still got 1 more year on extened warranty till Apr 2020. Only done approx 5000 miles in a year and on 41,000 miles now. At the time of sale (from the same Nissan local dealer) they said Engine and Gear box covered in warranty.

Last week, my car had both RED and AMBER engine warning lights and i used RAC to sort out in motorway hard shoulder and they reset the fault and they gave me the following fault code from their investigation. I drove after reset for long distances.

Name: K9K - DIAGNOSE - 1.5L - 76 (103)

DTC: P2263,Boost pressure circuit

DTC: P0833,Clutch switch signal consistency

DTC: P0380,Preheating unit diagnostic connection

DTC: P0106,Inlet pressure consistency

I called Nissan local dealers, they agreed to check vehicle in 2nd week of MAY month (too late).

I am still worried, what is the process for engine warranty with this type of fault code.

John, I would like to request you to give your suggestion on these type of fault, will Nissan local dealer replace the faulty items to avoid these faults in future?

Does the warranty cover these kind of faults in Nissan Note?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Srini

Nissan note 1.5L Diesel - Engine fault red and amber lights&Nissan warranty? - Cris_on_the_gas

If I had a RED engine warning light I would not accept the RAC resetting the fault codes unless the root cause of the issue was identified and rectified at the roadside. Otherwise it would be a recovery to Nissan dealer.

I certainly would not drive it for long distances unless I was certain the cause was found and rectified.

I would suggest getting it to the Nissan dealer ASAP, ideally recovered there.

Nissan note 1.5L Diesel - Engine fault red and amber lights&Nissan warranty? - Gibbo_Wirral

Ring your local dealer and ask how soon they can fit you in for a service.

When they tell you a day or two then mention that it's odd that they are making you wait weeks for a diagnostic.

Typical dealer dealing tactics - head in the sand hoping you and the problem will go away.

Arrange to get it towed to the dealer on a Saturday morning when they're nice and busy. They hate that.

Nissan note 1.5L Diesel - Engine fault red and amber lights&Nissan warranty? - Bala

Hello

Thanks for the reply. Well I don't have knowledge of these things. when RAC came and they said turbo working well and he reset it and he did not ask me anything. It was part of Nissan dealers complementary RAC recovery add on they gave. I bought the car from Nissan local dealer and their service and their recovery deal vehicle. Donot know what to do . I will chase them to get it fixed at earliest date.

Thanks

Nissan note 1.5L Diesel - Engine fault red and amber lights&Nissan warranty? - sammy1

This is the second report of the RAC resetting fault codes to get a car mobile. The first was on the 11/4 regarding a Kia Sportage. the owners car was again under agreement to the dealer with the RAC. The KIA dealers insisted that since the RAC had cleared the codes they could not diagnose the problem and the owner was told he would have to wait until the problem re occurred! I just hope that the Nissan dealer is able to access the original codes for you.