2011 Ford.Mondeo Estate 2.0 tdci - Engine malfunction and Red Triangle with Spanner - smed706

When driving around under 50 MPH it's rare I have a problem but when going over 55 MPH and and changing into 5th or 6th gear after a few seconds the car loses power and

ENGINE MALFUNCTION

with a big red warning triangle and spanner symbol Appears

Which I thought meant it was in limp mode but the car will still reach around 90 MPH

Although it takes ages to reach that speed anyway I have absolutely no idea what is causing the car to lose power like this in the first place

After a plug in with a SNAP ON SOLUS it produced codes and (BANK 1 SENSOR 1) so bought a new 1 changed it and it made no difference so plugged in again and it again produces codes and (BANK 1 SENSOR 2) so I bought a new 1 and made no difference so plugged in yet again with no codes or faults appearing

So is there any 1 out there who can shed any light on this

A massive thanks in advance for any help received

Neil (a worried Mondeo owner)

2011 Ford.Mondeo Estate 2.0 tdci - Engine malfunction and Red Triangle with Spanner - elekie&a/c doctor
I guess you have a few options here. Keep throwing parts at it until it’s fixed . Or take it to someone who understands what is going on and able to analyse the data. You can’t fix cars with codes alone.
2011 Ford.Mondeo Estate 2.0 tdci - Engine malfunction and Red Triangle with Spanner - smed706

I appreciate that it is booked in for Thursday next week so fingers crossed it gets sorted but thank for taking the time to read and reply to my post

2011 Ford.Mondeo Estate 2.0 tdci - Engine malfunction and Red Triangle with Spanner - trebor1
What was the outcome? I had a 2012 mondeo same set up same problem, fault used to clear if engine turned off and restarted, over 2 years no fault codes were stored so main dealer said no problem existed!!!! I sold it in the end great car to drive but i lost faith as the limp
Home mode would occur at any random occasion.