2011 ford mondeo - A strange problem - Kellou22
Ok this a strange one a few weeks back when turning my key in the ignition to start the car my boot would unlock and hazards start flashing every time I started the car. This went on for a couple of days then my car died. Manage to get some one to bump start it took to Halfords to have battery tested they said it was fine. Cars been driving fine since had no issues at all then a couple of days ago the same issue arose .., boot would unlock upon starting vehicle (just to point out I wasn’t accidentally pressing boot button ) and this morning my car is dead again. Any ideas what the issue could be will be getting it looked at but wondered if any one had had a similar experiences or have any idea what it may be ...
Many thanks
2011 ford mondeo - A strange problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds like the battery has come to the end of its useful life. Could possibly be the original.
2011 ford mondeo - A strange problem - Kellou22
I’m ordering a new battery anyway to be on safe side would that explain the boot opening itself that’s the most baffling bit for me lol
2011 ford mondeo - A strange problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Modern electronics (especially cars) need a good quality steady voltage for the various modules to operate correctly. When the engine is cranked over, if the battery voltage drops below approximately 9 volts, these modules become unsteady and can throw a wobbly. The result is often something operates at random.