Dacia strange looking VIN number. - Bob McGarry

Hi, just picked up a new Dacia sandero Stepway today and checking over the paperwork I notice that there is reference to both a Chassis number and a VIN number, both of which are the same. The number correspomds to the one on the car, just behind the windscreen on the drivers side, but it looks unlike any VIN I've seen before.

Whereas the others I've seen have have had a mixture of letters and numbers spread across them this one only has 3 letters and they are all in the first four characters, the rest is just numbers.There should as far as I am aware be a letter for model and year of manufacture in there somewhere but apart from UU at the start, which I believe is the letter code for Romania there is only one other letter ( letter B in position 4).

Anyway, in a very long winded way I suppose what I am asking is , is this normal ?

Edited by Bob McGarry on 03/04/2019 at 21:23

Dacia strange looking VIN number. - NARU

If nobody on here knows, I guess you could go into the showroom and look at a couple of others?

Edited by NARU on 03/04/2019 at 22:27

Dacia strange looking VIN number. - RT

Put the VIN into an online VIN decoder to see if it makes sense

Dacia strange looking VIN number. - Bob McGarry

Cheers for the reply, I will check out the next one I spot in a car park and have a quick look.