Tuscan - Hyundai Clutch/Gearbox Warranty issue - lesley Reid

Looking for some advise, my car recently stopped working, i woulld put it in gear but when getting up to speed it would make this awedul grinding noise and not go forward. Hyundai took it in to its neares dealer and we had to suthorise 1 hours inspection of £114.50 (payable if it wasnt under warranty) they then called back and advised it was a gearbox issue they would need me to authorise a further 3 hours at £114.50p/h they had told hyundai it needed a replacement gearbox and hyundai had asvised them to strip the gearbox and find out what was wrong. they then advised it was a broken clutch plate which was not covered by warranty as the car was 7 months over 2 years old and clutches are only under warranty for 2years/60000 miles. i paid the £1194 to get it fixed but asked to keep the broken parts. i took the broken parts to two seperate garages who both say that there must have been a defect as there was no wear shown on the clutch at all. I got in contact with Hyundai and they have told me that its only under warranty but due to my dissatisfaction they would give me £200 goodwill gesture.

Is there anything else i can do are they totally in there right not to pay me as it was not under warranty even though there was no wear on the item. I still have the parts and pictures

Any advise is most appreciated

Tuscan - Hyundai Clutch/Gearbox Warranty issue - focussed

So you are down £1452 by my calcs (4 hours at £114.50 + £1194 - £200).

Hyundai are not legally liable to pay you anything as they have no contract of sale with you. Hopefully you did not have to sign anything when accepting payment from Hyundai that mentioned "in full and final settlement" or words to that effect.

It is the dealer that sold you the car who is liable under the law of contract (fit for purpose etc).

So you need to approach the dealer who sold you the car to reimburse your costs.

Tuscan - Hyundai Clutch/Gearbox Warranty issue - galileo

Not many manufacturers guarantee clutches for 2 years / 60,000 miles. I can't imagine you'd even have got the £220 goodwill from VAG / Ford /PSA.