Toyota aygo - Vehicle recall and damages as a result of it - Lindsey darvell
Hi.
My mum has received a letter from Toyota about a vehicle recall as they said the glue holding the rear door glass could detach and there could be symptoms of noise, vibration or water entry.

There has been a lot of water entry into the car when it rains heavily which has resulted in the back foot wells flooding and water rising up the back seats. This also happened in my own aygo and when I myself raised it with Toyota, I was told that it was nothing to do with them. I no longer have the car.
My mum has done the same previously but has been told that it wasn’t their issue.
There has been damage in the car interior due to the flooding and my mum is wondering whether there is anything that Toyota would be expected to do besides fixing the glass issue?
Such as reimbursing her for damages or fixing the issues that have come about as a result of water entry.

My mum hasn’t been able to pay for it as she is on a low income and is actually trying to get s new car because of the issues she has had with this one but she can’t afford it currently.

Thanks all!!
Toyota aygo - Vehicle recall and damages as a result of it - elekie&a/c doctor

There may be a re-call to re seal the rear window glass, but it may not be the point of entry of your flooding. You would need to get the car soak tested to find where water is leaking in. Do the Peugeot and Citroen variants suffer the some problem? I am sure they all come out the same factory. Water entry looks like a common problem across the range.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 27/01/2019 at 21:35

Toyota aygo - Vehicle recall and damages as a result of it - edlithgow

Your claim seems reasonable to me, but I dunno how it'll wash with Toyota. Probably depend on their sensitivity to bad publicity, which, given their generally strong brand image, may be relatively low.

The flooding you describe sounds quite severe. You could limit its effect by removing the drain plugs in the footwells and boot floor/spare wheel well, if it has one.

When I got my current car the spare wheel well (which I didn't inspect, doh!) was completely full of water and the tools and jack rusted useless.This could have easily been avoided by pushing out the drain plug, but the owners were probably unaware of the jaccuzi (sp?) under the carpet.

Toyota aygo - Vehicle recall and damages as a result of it - veloceman
My niece had also had the same letter from Citroen regarding her 2009 C1.
Effectively the same car I know but I did read somewhere that it was just the Toyota that was prone to leaks.
Toyota aygo - Vehicle recall and damages as a result of it - focussed

Get the car in for the recall, get it fixed, mention the water problems to the Toyota dealer when the car goes in, they may be more sympathetic, as it's down to the water leak, which they are now admitting to via the recall.

Toyota aygo - Vehicle recall and damages as a result of it - yokel38

The rainwater in the boot will almost certainly entering via the high level brake light and the holes the rubber tailgate buffers sit in. A cheap fix.

Toyota aygo - Vehicle recall and damages as a result of it - Halmerend
Agree with last poster. My next door neighbours Aygo was in and out of the dealers for this. They kept fiddling with the rear lights. Had mushrooms growing in the boot. High level brake light doesn’t seal properly, poor design. Took it off and used good quality clear mastic and it’s been dry for two years now.