Ford Fiesta Zetec 2010 - Boot opening by itself. - Joanne Whitfield

A few months ago, I was about to start my car and I heard a clunk noise from the back and a message appeared on the display saying the boot was open. I closed it thinking maybe I had pressed the boot release button on my fob. But it happened again and again soon after. During the summer the problem seemed to go away.

However since the start of winter, my boot has started opening itself again. It's normally as I first get into the car, and locking the doors from the inside seems to stop it happening. This morning it happened 3 times as everytime I shut the boot it would open again before I could get back in and lock the doors.

I think this issue happens when the weather is cold or wet, or both, as it was this morning.

Furthermore, I have noticed that unlocking the car with the key fob no longer opens the boot. If I want to open the boot when it is shut, I have to press the boot release button on the fob twice. I don't? know if this is related.

Obviously my car is a long way out of warranty. So I'm wondering how much it would cost to fix this problem.

Ford Fiesta Zetec 2010 - Boot opening by itself. - elekie&a/c doctor
First thing I would check is the car battery. If this is failing,then other electrical gremlins can occur. As for the boot release button on your fob,I think you will find pressing the button twice is normal ( it is on my focus) but check your handbook.
Ford Fiesta Zetec 2010 - Boot opening by itself. - jc2

And on my Fiesta;it tells you on the fob to press it twice.

Ford Fiesta Zetec 2010 - Boot opening by itself. - Tracy Moore
Hi there
I’m having this EXACT same issue!
Did you manage to get yours sorted?
If so, what was the issue and how much was the fix?
Thank you