seat leon 2015 1.6 - Seat Leon 2015 help with problems.... Please - chrisgil

Ok, long story short, Ive bought a 2015, 1.6 Seat Leon, Not an FR, but has the FR seats etc...
Later found out the car was a total write off by insurance in the summer of 2017.
seller uses fake name etc.. so Ive done the rounds and there absolutely nothing I can do.

SO.....

If anyone can help with these problems, I would be very appreciative.

[b]Sat nav, sim missing. Im told by a local Seat dealer they have to install that and put a code in to enable it.
Is this true, I cant just buy one from ebay??[/b]

Carpet is damp, and a little mouldy behind drivers seat. There was rattling under the carpet, and Ive ended up puling out over 30 metal cannisters of nitrous oxide, still some rattling about, so as well as there being a bit of a gap already, Ive had to cut it open to pull some out.
[b]What is the best underlay to get for insulation, and which is the best carpet to get. Websites that sell them dont give very good info, and dont respond to emails[/b]

Possibly insulation problems causing damp? what should I look for??
There is whistling sound on the passenger front door after 50mph, like the window insulation has a gap.

Heating works better on the passenger side than the driver side. on full heat it is only slightly warm, with a little cold coming through, whereas on the left it feels how it should, fully hot.

Click on the clutch, ive noticed occasionally there is a clicking sound on the clutch when you start the car. goes when you press the clutch a few times. Not done it for a week or so but Im guessing it will at some point

Banging/knocking coming from left wheel on hard right, so when turning on hard right, ie coming out of drive there is a knocking sound/feel from the left front wheel

Engine is overly loud, from the back right it sounds. so drivers side at the back, especially when going around 60/70

Lack of power, there seems to be almost no acceleration after 50.
At 70 Id say acceleration is almost non exsistent.

Windscreen washer not working. Im hoping that is an easy fix.
Well hope it all is obviously.

Front bumper, one of the corners is coming out slightly, as if something it connects to has snapped, any easy fixes i.e. cable tie from the inside? Look like to get to that part you need to go under the wheel arch??

Please explain anything I need to do, in a non car techy way. I dont know hardly anything about cars, and never fixed anything, but anything I can do myself I will. Simply cant afford to pay someone to do everything at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help

seat leon 2015 1.6 - Seat Leon 2015 help with problems.... Please - paul 1963

Not very helpful but get shot of it asap, chassis bent hence the noises, leaks, damp etc.... sorry probably not what you wanted to hear.

seat leon 2015 1.6 - Seat Leon 2015 help with problems.... Please - SLO76
Take it straight to your nearest motor auction site, enter it into the first relevant sale, take whatever you get for it (even if you take a huge loss) and go buy an older but much more reliable petrol engined hatch like a Toyota Corolla/Auris, Honda Civic, Mazda 3, Ford Focus Mk II or an Astra (not 1.8 VVT) Forget flash and live within your means.

You’ve been stung here, hopefully you didn’t pay too much but this car will only c****** you financially if you keep it. To be a write-off at this age it will have seen a massive amount of damage... get shot of it.
seat leon 2015 1.6 - Seat Leon 2015 help with problems.... Please - Avant

Moved to Motoring as I really don't think it's going to be helpful to answer your technical points one by one. The advice to flog it has got to be right.

See what you can get for it, and as SLO says, then go for something petrol-powered that's within your resulting budget: either Japanese (more chance of getting a good one) or a Ford Focus (lots about to choose from).

Edited by Avant on 23/12/2018 at 23:25

seat leon 2015 1.6 - Seat Leon 2015 help with problems.... Please - nellyjak

Agree...get rid of it ASAP....and hopefully learn from the experience.

seat leon 2015 1.6 - Seat Leon 2015 help with problems.... Please - sammy1

Presumably you bought it without an MOT? What category write off is it, if you bought it really cheap you may have funds to repair the basics. You seem to have put together a fairly comprehensive list of the faults so why did you buy it?