Ford Mondeo MK5 230ps Automatic 2015 - Mondeo MK5 Problems - Sad Act.

Hi,

First Post. Ive had a Ford Mondeo for 2 years from 5k miles (Ford Direct Car) its now done 70k miles mostly on the motorway. Ive had 3 Fuel Vapourisers & 1 Alternator in 24 months all under Warranty. Its an Automatic 210 twin turbo. Not really that quick either.

Now the Flywheel (yes it does have one) has gone (still drivable) and it all needs replacing they have quoted me £2000. WOW, for a new clutch kit and flywheel. Has anybody else had these issues and can I ask Ford to pay for it as its 2 weeks out of 3 year Warranty but has done 70k miles. £2000 is a joke the cars only worth £10k.

What can be done, any ideas? Should this be happening on a Powershift car at 70k miles?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ford Mondeo MK5 230ps Automatic 2015 - Mondeo MK5 Problems - Oli rag

Ford powershift has a terrible reputation, with lots of owners having had clutch packs replaced. I thought I'd read somewhere that Ford were quietly picking up the tab for repairs even out of warranty.

I do hope that's true, as they could do without any more bad publicity after the Ecoboost disaster faced by many owners.

Ford Mondeo MK5 230ps Automatic 2015 - Mondeo MK5 Problems - TheGentlemanThug

Try your luck with Ford customer services and see if they can twist the dealer's arm, especially if the car has been serviced by the dealer. It worked for my Honda a few years ago. The Powershift gearbox has a poor reputation.

Edited by Bicycle_Repair_Man on 08/11/2018 at 08:18

Ford Mondeo MK5 230ps Automatic 2015 - Mondeo MK5 Problems - Meteiro

£2k for a new clutch and flywheel?!

To put that into perspective when I had a 3 series the dealer wanted £1.6k for exactly that work, so given how extortionate BMW are generally I'd say £2k from Ford on a similarly sized vehicle is taking the proverbial, especially when it's a bit of a 'known' issue...

Edited by Meteiro on 08/11/2018 at 08:15

Ford Mondeo MK5 230ps Automatic 2015 - Mondeo MK5 Problems - daveyjp

The Powershift is an over complicated dual clutch auto system, not a regular clutch and flywheel as found on a manual BMW.

OP - if the car has FDSH I would be demanding Ford cover the cost.

However they may state the issue is wear and tear.

It is quite possible to wear clutches and flywheels on dual clutch autos very quickly, it therefore stands that they will wear naturally over time.