Seat Ibiza 130tdi sport & keys - Altea Ego
Mate of mine just got one of these. Been for a drive. Impressed or what. Really quick, handles well, you can provoke lift off oversteer and hold it, understeers a bit to easily tho.

Anyway - question. It came with two keys, one is plipper you can remotely open car with, one key is not. Is this normal? does this car have an imobilisor, ie can you unlock and drive the car away with the ordinary non electronic key?
Seat Ibiza 130tdi sport & keys - Dynamic Dave
I would imagine that it does have an imobiliser. Both keys will have a chip inside that communicates with the ignition barrel. I suspect only having one plipper and one bog standard key is done for cheapness. If on the other hand it was aslo fitted with an alarm, they would supply two plippers.
Seat Ibiza 130tdi sport & keys - Altea Ego
Thats what i thought, but the bog standard key has no way to change a battery, so can it still be an imobilisor key?

second thoughts, stupid question it would act just like a microchip implanted in a dog i assume
Seat Ibiza 130tdi sport & keys - Dynamic Dave
the bog standard key has no way to change a battery, so can
it still be an imobilisor key?
second thoughts, stupid question it would act just like a microchip
implanted in a dog i assume

Correct. The chip doesn't need a power supply to operate.
Seat Ibiza 130tdi sport & keys - RB
The one remote and one standard keys are normal. My moderately sporty Toledo TDi SE has the same arrangement. And yes, the non-plip key does unlock the doors in the lock and works the ignition! RB