Honda Civic 1.8 - insurance LV renewal - European cover included now - catsdad
Its worth saying that I have no connection with LV other than as a policy holder.

I know from previous threads that a number of backroomers use them too Just had the renewal through from them. Price was £242, compared to £223 last year.

My cover includes a fair number of extras (protected NCD, legal cover, enhanced personal accident cover). It now automatically includes 180 day comprehensive European cover. I probably don't need this so I ran comparisons without it.

A Comparison site and Direct Line could get me down to about £190 for a similar package. If I stuck to the household names the lowest was about £220. In each case without European cover. LV themselves came out at £250 on the site which is reassuring for me as an existing policy holder. I hate when insurers favour new customers over existing.

Armed with the quotes I rang up LV saying I could get it cheaper. They reduced it to £229, so I've renewed. Seems a good deal.

I do wonder though about the European bit. I am paying for something I may not use but I guess it only adds a few quid to the policy.
Honda Civic 1.8 - insurance LV renewal - European cover included now - Bromptonaut

Curious, they charge me extra for that. Probably how they recover the discount for being a CSMA member.

Advantage with LV is that I just have 180 days to play with at my discretion. Direct Line still expect me to go on line and tell them whenever I go. As somebody who, aside from main holidays, takes random short breaks or day trips from Kent to France it's just one more thing to remember (or get wrong).

Honda Civic 1.8 - insurance LV renewal - European cover included now - catsdad
Brompt. I think its a new thing to include the cover.

Earlier this year they wrote to tell me my Union discount (5%?) would no longer apply. The CSMA discount may be more secure given the long association there.

It would surely be shooting themselves in the foot not to provide inclusive cover to CSMA members when Joe Bloggs gets it automatically. Hopefully you will get good news at renewal time. As things stand I think they will include it.

Honda Civic 1.8 - insurance LV renewal - European cover included now - oldroverboy.

Swmbo has LV LIFE INSURANCE (AND CSMA) for some obscure reason and our EU cover has been free for past couple of years. Currently using it staying just outside bruges. Nice quiet hotel 'T Roodhof near loppeml Fillet steak, salads and fries for 18 euros.

Yes I know it.s a plug but it's our local in belgium and no drink driving when finishedf... Hic!