No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - retgwte

Looking at the new sandero/stepway/logan model info and it looks like Dacia are stopping making Diesels available... looks like they have the run off stock of the ones they already had

Such a shame as the diesel is the best engine of the bunch

No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - Bromptonaut

I think the new regulations for measuring consumption/pollution which came in on 1 September may have some bearing in ranges being reduced. Subaru have also dropped diesels.

The main reason for car sales being down 20% in September is lack of supply because of models being no longer available.

Not yet clear if it's permanent or just until engines are modified.

No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - SLO76
Diesels are too expensive to engineer with regards to ever tighter government legislation thus making them non-viable in superminis and cheaper end motors. Increasingly manufacturers are turning away from them and to retain a presence they’re buying in engines from other firms. Merc uses this 1.5 Renault diesel in the new A class, Toyota use BMW diesels in their Avensis and Auris models and Vauxhall have until recently used Fiat and Isuzu designs. VAG have stated that they won’t develop any more sub 2.0 diesels. This will gather pace with fewer and fewer diesels being developed. A shame really as I’ve slways liked a good diesel slugger.

Edited by SLO76 on 10/10/2018 at 14:41

Dacia was already using the Renault 1.5 diesel which remains competitive versus the regulations.

So its more fundamental than that.

No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - SLO76

Dacia was already using the Renault 1.5 diesel which remains competitive versus the regulations.

So its more fundamental than that.

Current regulations but not future. It’ll be very costly to make diesels that pass the next round of emissions regs plus many cities will no doubt ban them. I doubt they’ll continue to develop diesels for the likes of the Sandro or Clio.
No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - diddy1234

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Renualt 1.6l Diesel is used in the Dacia range in the future.

the 1.5l Dci are probably being ran out then the new 1.6l Dci will be used

anyone got the contacts to find out what is really going on?

No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - oldroverboy.

just on the phone to a dealer who says that

" The diesel engine is currently available to order 3 weeks delivery. (dependant on spec)

as I write..

Yes run outs of current model, not MY18 cars.

Apparently there is a delay on the existing stock too, as they all need their airbags replaced as there is a recall and they are not allowing them out to customers until they are fixed

No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - oldroverboy.

just on the phone to a dealer who says that

" The diesel engine is currently available to order 3 weeks delivery. (dependant on spec)

as I write..

Just to add. new shape model, not old stock.

Phone a dealer yourselves, it's what i did yesterday. Glyn Hopkin Colchester.

Your dealer is lying as a casual look at the dacia website, or call to dacia themselves will demonstrate

There are no MY18 cars with diesel engines

Your dealer is trying to sell you run off stock

No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - Manatee

Your dealer is lying as a casual look at the dacia website, or call to dacia themselves will demonstrate

There are no MY18 cars with diesel engines

Your dealer is trying to sell you run off stock

Do you mean MY19? Shirley the MY18 have been in production since last summer?

No in dacia/Renault speak MY 18 are the newest version juat hitting show rooms now

Access, essential, and comfort are the MY18 trim levels, try asking for any of these with diesel

No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - daveyK_UK
They have no plans to significantly change the Sandero / Sandero stepway / Logan MCV / Logan Stepway until 2020.

The rumour is they will use the existing Clio chassis design which is a lot more flexible and more durable in a crash , although this is meant to be only for the Sandero and Sandero stepway replacement

The Logan replacement is likely to have a chassis that will also underpin the Dokker van & MPV which makes sense as they can then have 1 core production line at the Moroccan factory

The new Duster should be around for a good 5-7 years

Also a rumour Dacia are working with Mitsubishi who are also part of the Renault family on using the existing Mirage as a small city car including a mild hybrid version. If you read some of the Indian press, there was meant to have been a team from Renault/Dacia at the Mitsubishi Indian factory for the past few months working on this project.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 15/10/2018 at 14:58

No new diesels in lineup Dacia? - Alanovich

I have just been idly browsing the Dacia configurator for the Duster, which is very much available with diesel still. However, it doesn't seem to be available with automatic (dual clutch) transmission any more. Which I find odd. And disappointing.