Toyota Yaris - Toyota Yaris 33k for sale at @@@ Motoring World - privateinvestor

I was nearly seduced to buying a 2015 plate Toyota Yaris, advertised with service history, and with a Toyota 5 year warrant sticker on the rear screen. On closer inspection though the service history was logged onto the web site, it was not full service history. The service history was as follows: first service at 25k yes 25K at some local "autocentre", followed by a so called 114 point used sale check before sale, despite the fact that my visual inspection highlighted less than 5k use left on brake pads, front and rear. I think this used car Kent based super site was playing fast and loose with this cars description, thankfully I walked away and rejected the offer to purchase an extended warrant as well as £700 for Guardex..

As ever buyer beware.

Toyota Yaris - Toyota Yaris 33k for sale at @@@ Motoring World - Miniman777

There are a number of cars sold at car supermarkets sold with patchy service history, cars obviously rejected for franchised dealer approved programs. Some of the details you can see online and avoid, but equally, I can never fathom out why folk buy newish cars where the service history cannot be verified and are promised to 'send it on', by which time, it's usually too late.

£700 for Guardex on a Yaris? I'd expect to pay that for a luxury coach!

You did right to walk, as Toyota would honour a warranty claim. Plenty of genuine cars around and approved franchise warranties are far better than what you'd get sold.

I've just bought a 9 month old BMW (ex management) and had no pressure whatsoever from salesman for any add-ons. Think he realised I'd done my research thoroughly. Was a hard haggle though for anything off screen price.