Car windscreen chipped after car wash - Warning

I took my car into one those automated car washed (well known company). I have ended with multiple chips on my windscreen. It seens their roller brush had grit on. It was on the side of the windscreen. I left the car wash, did not noticed too much and it seemed like water drops from the car wash. Their car wash never dries fully. I have about 15 of these white colour ant-sized chips on the windscreen.

Is this repairable? I looked at Auto-glass, but they only do insurance work.

Or does the windscreen need replacing?

I read somewhere these chips will still be visible even after a repair?

I am apprehensive about going back the car wash....

Car windscreen chipped after car wash - skidpan

I took my car into one those automated car washed (well known company). I have ended with multiple chips on my windscreen. It seens their roller brush had grit on. It was on the side of the windscreen.

Grit in car wash brushes does not chip windscreens, it scratches them. But worse still, it scratches the paintwork much worse.

So IMHO if there are no scratches on the screen or paintwork its not the car wash, its just a coincidence.

You need to think where you have been recently and look more carefully at the "chips".

"Grit in car wash brushes does not chip windscreens, it scratches them. But worse still, it scratches the paintwork much worse."

It is not scratches, they are minute chips, perhaps a few microns deep, but long 3-4mm long. It is noticeable, as the abbrasions are white colour. The marks could only have come from a car wash, as they are all the same direction, consistent with abbrasion from a machine. So they are not random chips.

I don't drive the car very much, so it is n't from anywhere else. The marks are fresh and new, as they are white colour. Otherwise the chips would be filled in over time with dirt etc...

Car windscreen chipped after car wash - skidpan

Paint is much softer than glass thus if there are no scratches on the paint its not the car wash. The brushes/grit will scrach everything, they don't just scratch screens.

Paint is much softer than glass thus if there are no scratches on the paint its not the car wash. The brushes/grit will scrach everything, they don't just scratch screens.

It is very localised. Just the top left hand side of windscreen and a little on the front left windscreen. They have a number of roller brushes. So what every caused it, was very localised.

I can't upload a photo to this forum. It looks a little night a nightsky (windscreen) with meteorite shower storm (white chips). I feel like the Aviva adverty guy :-)

It looks a bit like this :

solarsystem.nasa.gov/system/content_pages/main_ima...g

Car windscreen chipped after car wash - madf

"Grit in car wash brushes does not chip windscreens, it scratches them. But worse still, it scratches the paintwork much worse."

It is not scratches, they are minute chips, perhaps a few microns deep, but long 3-4mm long. It is noticeable, as the abbrasions are white colour. The marks could only have come from a car wash, as they are all the same direction, consistent with abbrasion from a machine. So they are not random chips.

I don't drive the car very much, so it is n't from anywhere else. The marks are fresh and new, as they are white colour. Otherwise the chips would be filled in over time with dirt etc...

The car wash cleaned out the dirt?