Mazda 2 automatic petrol 2016 - Interior trim - Cresswell
Very disappointed that the pivot bracket (right) to the parcel shelf has broken, car has bearly done 3000 miles. Inspecting the area feel this is a manufactuers fault. This bracket in an integral part of the interior right panel, so not a simple replace bracket! Have had inspected by dealers who feel this is fair wear or over enthusiasic error by the operator, i have never known this bracket to fail in any previous car over the last 40 years. Do you feel i would have a good case if i approached Mazda UK direct?
Mazda 2 automatic petrol 2016 - Interior trim - badbusdriver

Don't really know how much of a case you'd have, but it couldn't do any harm to try. I've been looking at pics of the boot in cars for sale on Autotrader, it looks like there is a plastic pin which is the pivot point for the parcel shelf, is that what has broken?. Assuming you still have the broken bit, it should be easy enough to glue it back into place with some strengthening behind it and just be extra careful removing or refitting the parcel shelf for the rest of the time you have the car.

By the way, you might try posting this in 'motoring discussion' too, probably get more responses.

Mazda 2 automatic petrol 2016 - Interior trim - elekie&a/c doctor

The Vauxhall Corsa c model had this problem.Parts dept were able to supply a replacement pin assy .Perhaps this could be adapted.www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-C-Hatchback-Parc...9

Thanks, this bracket is still retained to the interior panel, there is a tear around approx 75% of its circumference. Without removing complete panel cant see how it will be possible to fix in place. Have as suggested published in general. Will give Mazda Customer support a go tomorrow.
Mazda 2 automatic petrol 2016 - Interior trim - Engineer Andy

To me (and as a Mazda car owner), this is NOT a 'wear and tear item for a car that has only done 3k miles - I presume this is from new, not since you bought the car (if that was second hand and was or now is out of its manufacturer or dealer warranty period). If it is the former, you should demand it be repaired/replaced by the dealer, if its the latter, then unfortunately you're in the realm of a possible manufacturing fault or somehow misusing/mistreating it, and you'd have to demonstrate that you didn't do that if the car is under 6yo (the EU's technical definition of the maximum period when manufacturing defects are still liable to be fixed by the seller/manufacturer.

You may have more of a problem if you didn't buy the car from a Mazda main dealer, as many like to squirm out of warranty claims. In my experience in reading up on other people's issues with Mazdas, getting any joy out of Mazda UK can be a bit hit and miss. My advice is to be honest, do your homework (Google the issue and see if any other Mazda2 [or other Mazda cars'] owners have had this problem and what happened), and be firm but polite with the customer services people from the dealer adn Mazda UK. Don't get fobbed off by either trying to palm your problem off onto eachother.

SLO76 (as a second hand car dealer himself and a respected Backroomer) hopefully, and perhaps HJ himself, may chime in with some advice (you can always write/email HJ directly for advice) which I suspect will be of more use than mine due to their industry experience.

Best of luck.

Thanks for all the replies and advice.
Having approached Mazda UK by phone and email , they responded by the end of the working day positively accepting a warranty claim, shame the Dealership could not be bothered to do the legwork on my behalf. Mores the pity will have to return to this dealership to have the work carried out as its the nearest.