kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - CK91437

Found this on another forum.

This customer was certainly surpised by the warranty :

"I bought a new SPORTAGE March 2016

Problems with clutch took Kia dealers over a year to replace since then been jumping out of gears contacted support team
When realised same dealership wasn't getting it fixed it is intermediate problem however took 7 vids to show them
Kia support done jack doing jack as much use as a rubber beak on a woodpecker my wife won't drive the car and I'm fed up seriously
Dealership is as much use as a f*** in a space suit
Tried the ceo of Kia uk guess what , no help there
The 7 year warranty appears a joke, the customer is never right with Kia
Car back in dealership now, to be truthful have no faith in Kia waisted of money I think il get better results when I contact the samara tins helpline.:crying :

"

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - Avant

We know you don't like Kias. There seems very little point in telling us all over again.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - alan1302

Yes, he had a wierd obsession

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - BMW Enthusiast

Found this on another forum.

This customer was certainly surpised by the warranty :

"I bought a new SPORTAGE March 2016

Problems with clutch took Kia dealers over a year to replace since then been jumping out of gears contacted support team
When realised same dealership wasn't getting it fixed it is intermediate problem however took 7 vids to show them
Kia support done jack doing jack as much use as a rubber beak on a woodpecker my wife won't drive the car and I'm fed up seriously
Dealership is as much use as a f*** in a space suit
Tried the ceo of Kia uk guess what , no help there
The 7 year warranty appears a joke, the customer is never right with Kia
Car back in dealership now, to be truthful have no faith in Kia waisted of money I think il get better results when I contact the samara tins helpline.:crying :

"

I bought a 6 month old Kia Cee'd 1.6 crdi in 2008 and had a lot of problems with it in the 5 years I owned it. Kia customer service was excellent and I was always given a courtesy car and the warranty was no quibble. The turbo failed twice, and on the second occasion this resulted in total engine failure with the car off the road for 6 weeks. Both front springs were replaced, there was dampness in the headlights and I also got a brand new set of alloys because they corroded due to a manufacturing defect that they admitted knowing about. Not many dealers admit things. I wouldn't buy another one though due to the hassle.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - KB.

With luck, and a following wind, we won't be subjected to a continuation of CK's obsession.

I think we all know he's not a Kia man - and is dedtermined to blacken their name. If it is to be continued I hope the majority will resist the need to take the bait.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - SLO76
Aside from the rot in subframes and front crossmembers particularly on the first gen Cee’d and first and second gen Sportages I’ve never had a moments bother with one nor has anyone I’ve known who owns one. Kia build good cars and the warranty is excellent as long as you maintain the car with the main dealer. They were however built to a price and rust protection underneath isn’t up to standard compared with most rivals and it remains to be seen if later examples are much better.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - Gibbo_Wirral

Same here. OH owned a Kia Ceed 2 since new.

A few minor issues, all fixed under warranty with absolutely no fuss - even drop links a few weeks ago which I would have thought would be a "wear and tear" item. Even replaced the alloy wheel they scratched.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - CK91437

What it shows is that they are not very reliable any more (if ever they were).

And when you do come to make a warranty claim, they will find any reason to reject it.

Dealers will also charge customers £120+ per hour for diagnostics if they find that it is not covered by the warranty.

And no replacement car whilst yours is off the road.

Just being realistic.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - SLO76
“What it shows is that they are not very reliable any more (if ever they were).”

Not my finding and I’ve flogged plenty of them over the years. Rarely go wrong, especially the smaller petrol stuff.
kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - oldroverboy.

I have had my second Kia for almost 2.5 years now. Only (minor) fault, advised that 1 rear shock absorber showing signs of misting. replaced under warranty, zero fuss.

Dealer excellent, and coming from me who worked in the motor trade and knows the dirty tricks that i have seen at times, that is a compliment, believe me.

Follow the rules, have your car serviced by Kia and you will not have problems.

My neighbours bought a venga on my reccomendation and fully satisfied.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - Avant

Once again Kia comes out of this pretty well.

CK91437, you have delighted us enough.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - KB.

Actually, more than enough.

Irritatingly and annoyingly more than enough in fact.

Dare I speak on behalf of others and suggest that the trolling attempts have run their course in this particular regard and you might like to change the record.

(You don't have a k****** business by any chance?)

And i realise that the above word starting with 'k' will probably have been obliterated ... but we know what I mean, I think.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - galileo

Actually, more than enough.

Irritatingly and annoyingly more than enough in fact.

Dare I speak on behalf of others and suggest that the trolling attempts have run their course in this particular regard and you might like to change the record.

(You don't have a k****** business by any chance?)

And i realise that the above word starting with 'k' will probably have been obliterated ... but we know what I mean, I think.

The institution where CK91437 is confined probably let him troll as otherwise he damages the padding on the walls. His mother was frightened by a Kia before he was born, perhaps?

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - NARU

I see that CK is copying/pasting from the kia owners club. A strange place for him to haunt!

I'm very happy with my Sorento - indeed, it has had fewer problems (0) than the landcruiser that preceeded it (1). I realise that the Sorento is one of their premium products, but it is a good piece of kit.

But ... some of the dealers are very poor. I found that Toyota dealers were consistently better. I'm fortunate enough to have found a good Kia dealer now - but the supplying dealer really was bad.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - gordonbennet

it has had fewer problems (0) than the landcruiser that preceeded it (1).

Be very interested to hear what the problems were if you have the time please.

Edited by gordonbennet on 19/08/2018 at 12:03

it has had fewer problems (0) than the landcruiser that preceeded it (1).

Be very interested to hear what the problems were if you have the time please.

The splines on the rear propshaft were binding, so I was getting a thump from the rear about 2-3 seconds after I came to a stop. Greasing it worked for a few months but the permanent cure was a new propshaft under warranty.

kia warranty issue - Kia 7 Year warranty issue problems - gordonbennet

The splines on the rear propshaft were binding, so I was getting a thump from the rear about 2-3 seconds after I came to a stop. Greasing it worked for a few months but the permanent cure was a new propshaft under warranty.

Thanks for that, usually caused by presumably the dealer in this case not greasing the props correctly, though maybe a poorly greased original fitment from the supplier.

The two alternatives i would consider if i sold or otherwise lost my present 120 series (apart from another LC) are Santa Fe and Sorento, always preferred the design and look of the Sorento but don't suppose there's a massive difference between the two marques, my present commute would just about keep the DPF going OK.

Thanks for that, usually caused by presumably the dealer in this case not greasing the props correctly, though maybe a poorly greased original fitment from the supplier.

Defective from the factory, alas. The 120 was just over a year old when the propshaft was changed.

There are time when I miss my 120 - mostly when we're covered in snow. The Sorento is a good replacement though - better seats, better stereo (with Android Auto), much better headlights (HID), more power, better fuel consumption, and the third row of seats is more usable. The LC's big advantages were underbody protection, over-engineered drivetrain, the low range, 'proper' 4 wheel drive, the 'tonka toy' looks, and easy to know where the corners are.