Volkswagen Beetle 2.0L V reg 2000 - Battery Light has come on - ilove-VWs
A few days ago the engine management light came on I made a short journey home and when I got home and switched the car off and switched it on again the light went off. I have driven the car as normal for a week or so and the engine management light has not come on.. then today I drove the car and the battery light has now come on does anyone know if this means that maybe there is likely to be an alternator problem?? Or would a VW Beetle"s battery light just come on for a simple battery change? As I have had this car for 10 years and cant remember this happening before I have changed the battery 3-4 times over the years and can't remember seeing that light before .. normally I would just have problems starting it. And then it wouldn't start .. Also I have been reving the car and the lights are not dipping or changing in brightness .. should they .. any clues anyone. Thank you
Volkswagen Beetle 2.0L V reg 2000 - Battery Light has come on - elekie&a/c doctor

The battery light is the charge warning indicator.. If the lights do not get brighter as the engine revs increase,then I would suspect the alternator or connected wiring is the problem. Get a multimeter on the battery terminals and check the voltage with engine running. Should be approx 14 volts.

Volkswagen Beetle 2.0L V reg 2000 - Battery Light has come on - bathtub tom

As e&a/c says, I'd also suggest that if you've had that number of new batteries in ten years then there's something amiss.