Car alarm keeps going off - FoxyJukebox

Is it possible for an after market car alarm fitted to a 15 yr old vehicle to be adjusted so that it is less sensitive to passing vehicles ?

For SOME TIME now-Nearby to me a landrover-parked outside on the road-has an alarm which periodically( 3/4 times a day on average) goes off when heavy /unusual/noisy traffic passes. The owner is currently on holiday and obviously they will be politely advised on return.

I seem to remember that sensitivity /volume can be easily adjusted on alarms and wonder why the owner(when at home and not suffering from hearing problems) has not noticed his irritating 30 second + blast.

Car alarm keeps going off - gordonbennet

I do have some sympathy if the car is a genuine real Land Rover because these things get nicked regularly, unfortunately because the alarm is going off regularly, Boy-Cried-Wolf will apply and no one takes a blind bit of notice of the alarm other than try to ignore it.

He would be better having a professional standard immobiliser/tracker or one of those clever ones which allow the engine to start enough to get the vehicle moving only for it to cut out seconds later with the horns from hell and lights going like billio drawing lots of attention...whether you could persuade the owner of the value of such a fitment is the question, i certainly would if i owned a vehicle so easily stolen and desirable to thieves.

Car alarm keeps going off - catsdad
It would be asking him to close all the vents when he parks. LR ventilation is, I assume, a pretty crude arrangement and there might be a considerable air gap to the outside when the vents are open. This can set off some alarms.
Car alarm keeps going off - bathtub tom

If it's a Defender, they have considerable air gaps to the outside when the vents are closed!