Ford Fiesta 1.4 2008 - Coolant leak Mk6 (late 08) Fiesta - muttley78

Evening all, hopefully someone on here will have had this problem, there's a very slight coolant leak on my 08 Fiesta, not losing that much but it is noticeable on a weekly check, dropping by about 10mm or so from the Max line. This did happen a little while ago and it was leaking by the thermostat which was fixed, had a look under the car and noticed some where the leaking coolant was settling, along the bottom of the cover for the cam belt. No sludge or anything like that in the oil and can't see any other leaks so any ideas where it is leaking out and how long it'll take to fix? Thanks

Ford Fiesta 1.4 2008 - Coolant leak Mk6 (late 08) Fiesta - elekie&a/c doctor

If the leak is in the cam belt area ,it could be the water pump. It is not driven by the cambelt ,but by the poly-vee alternator/pas belt.

I did manage to get a pic uploaded elsehwere that'll give a better idea of where I found the leak www.fordownersclub.com/uploads/monthly_2018_07/IMG...g

Ford Fiesta 1.4 2008 - Coolant leak Mk6 (late 08) Fiesta - RobJP

Unfortunately, it's impossible for someone to give an idea on where it's leaking from, or the possible costs to fix.

It might be a hose that just needs tightening up. Cost £virtuallynothing.

Or it might be the waterpump (or the gasket/seal) that's gone (that's probably a reasonable bet). Cost in the region of £200 or so.

Or the rad might be knackered.

Or a combination of all 3 !

Edited by RobJP on 08/07/2018 at 22:01

The water pump was replaced back in January, same time as the cam belt if I remember correctly

Ford Fiesta 1.4 2008 - Coolant leak Mk6 (late 08) Fiesta - elekie&a/c doctor

It may be a new pump ,but it could be leaking. The plastic cover shown in the photo is not the cam belt cover .It is just a belt stone guard. needs further investigattion.

Apologies for the delayed reply here, at first it seemed it was just a crack near the overflow pipe that was causing the issue but in fact the actual bottle had cracked near the base, so that's been replaced and touch wood no problems since