Daihatsu Skywing - Finally a use for shirt collar clips? - edlithgow

The wee soft metal things that hold the collar of a new shirt to the carboard in the packaging. Always thought I should keep them but if I did I don't know where they are.

Trying to improvise replacement turn indicators from old bicycle reflectors (at top in picture below) They might not notice the colour change if both sides are the same.

[url=servimg.com/view/18149521/383][img]i62.servimg.com/u/f62/18/14/95/21/img_7923.jpg[/img][/url]

Moved the bulb holder inside the wing, cur a hole in the back of the reflector, and mounted it on the outside, BUT I can't get the bulb to flash consistently, despite scraping and bending the contacts. Bulb is OK (though I tried a new one anyway) and a test light probe flashes.

url=servimg.com/view/18149521/382][img]i62.servimg.com/u/f62/18/14/95/21/img_7922.jpg[/img][/url]

Tried bits of coke can to enhance bulb contacts, but they are too springy and won't stay put.

url=servimg.com/view/18149521/381][img]i62.servimg.com/u/f62/18/14/95/21/img_7921.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't really need any more shirts...

Daihatsu Skywing - Finally a use for shirt collar clips? - edlithgow

Gave up on the bulb and lashed up something with an LED strip. I have a lot of these that I salvaged off the dump, but of course couldn't find them, so went back and scratched around in the dirt for a few more.

This only worked part-time, and you can see the LED's which should strictly be a fail, but better than nothing. Retained the original fitting and bulb on the other side but moved it inside the wing and put a bike reflector on top.

Time to roll the dice at the test centre.

Ta da! All lights worked for the required 20 seconds or so and they didn't fail it on emissions, (though they probably should have), so I'm sort-of-legal for another 6 months.

Did get an "advisory" (actually a "watchee, watchee" but its called an advisory on a UK MOT inspection) about the cracked tyres, so I will.

Might remove that LED lash-up in case it shorts, though I suppose it'd only be an intermittent short.