Sold Note to Evans Halshaw - skidpan

After hearing some good and some bad reports about selling to Evans Halshaw I can actually report a positive result.

3 years ago we tried them, they offered a generous £2600 for the Micra but a few days before the car was delivered they rang to say that the market had slumped and they would have to revise the price down to £1700. It did not matter since we had already sold it privately for £2800. Very disapointed with them.

When we ordered the Fabia the dealer gave us a price for the Note which I was happy with considering another dealer had only offered £200 more when his discount was £1000 less. Last weekend with the Fabia due for delivery Thursday I went onto WBAC who offered £500 more (less fees - about £105) subject to inspection. Tried Evans Halshaw, they garanteed to pay more and offered £16 extra (wow) subject to inspection. Rang Skoda dealer but they would not change the valuation.

Having read vey few good reports about WBAC I took a commitee decision and made an appointment at the local Evans Halshaw emporium (they do Nissan and Citroen on the site but we had to go to the Citroen showroom). Young lady inspected the car, sent details to head office via the ether and said to wait about 20 minutes whilst she got a reply. Nice coffee and papers to read. Valuation came back and they had knocked about £90 off thus did deal immediately. Paid £15 for same day payment, in the bank when we checked at 8 pm that evening. So for 1 hours hard work (actually it was no work at all) we are £300 better off. Not a huge amount I appreciate but its better in my pocket.

A totally hassle free process but I guess that could be down to the competence of our local branch. Might not apply everywhere.

I asked her what would happen to the car and was told it would be going on their forcourt like all the nice purchases do.

Sold Note to Evans Halshaw - Avant

Many thanks for the information, Skidpan. I think it makes quite a difference if the car you're selling to them is one that they can put on their own forecourt, rather than trading it out.

What's particularly interesting is that EH gave you a fair price for the Note even though you weren't buying from them. I suppose they see it as a separate transaction from any new car sale, one on which they can make a profit after a quick service and valet.

Sold Note to Evans Halshaw - argybargy

At the risk of boring the forum to death through repeition (though I might get away with it coz its at least 3 months since I last posted about this), my experience was, of course very different. And this when part-exing a Ford which the Evans Halshaw Ford dealer was subsequently able to put onto their forecourt at a very generous price. To themselves, that is.

Nevertheless, good to hear someone else left EH premises without wanting to burn the place down.

Sold Note to Evans Halshaw - daveyK_UK

my friend also had a very good experience with Evans Halshaw, the process was exactly how you described.

I wrote about it on here and got accused of being a Evans Halshaw stooge!