Ford Fiesta - Fiesta Mk5 1.25 Timing Issue - Mr Simon P Richardson

I've changed the water pump and cam belt on my Fiesta 1.25 (2006) but it won't start.

Ill be honest and say that I messed up the synchronisation between the cams and crank whilst the belt was loose.

I had cyclinder 1 at TDC using the timing pin then rotated the cams with a 21mm until the locking bar fitted in the slots, to do so I had to move the crank back and forth so the cams would turn without locking up.

I think I may have the crank out by 360 degrees to the cams so the exhaust valve is open on the stroke the inlet should be and vice versa.

If this is the case I've made a right pigs ear out of this job. Would this cause any major damage? I made sure the car turned over by hand before trying to start it and it didn't bind at all and still doesn't.

Ford Fiesta - Fiesta Mk5 1.25 Timing Issue - Bolt

If I`ve read you right your one turn out on the camshaft

line camshaft and crank back up again to TDC, take off cambelt then turn camshaft one turn clockwise, then put the cambelt back on, it should be ok then at the moment its firing on cylinder 4 instead of 1 ok again if I read you correctly

Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking and what I'll be doing Tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Sorted it. The crank was 1 turn out. Got it timed up now and it's running fine.