Any - Vauxhall Servicing - Snakey

I had my car serviced at a Vauxhall main dealer recently and feel a bit cheated.

The car was serviced correctly, on time and to the correct quoted amount (including a 25% discount for owners of older cars). Not only that they fixed a minor fault without charge and washed it for me. I was also given lifts to and from my workplace whilst this was done. The staff were helpful and friendly as well.

Its a disgrace really, I mean, what am I supposed to complain about now? ;-)

Edited by Snakey on 08/03/2018 at 12:34

Any - Vauxhall Servicing - alan1302

Sounds horendous...I'd pen a letter to head office to complain!

Edited by alan1302 on 08/03/2018 at 13:08

Any - Vauxhall Servicing - elekie&a/c doctor

With all these issues,I don't suppose you will be buying another Vauxhall in the future!!

Any - Vauxhall Servicing - nellyjak

Disgraceful...name and shame I say.!

I mean, the shock of receiving such service can only be damaging to one's health.

If other dealers get to hear about it there'll be Hell to pay.

Any - Vauxhall Servicing - Bolt

Disgraceful...name and shame I say.!

I mean, the shock of receiving such service can only be damaging to one's health.

If other dealers get to hear about it there'll be Hell to pay.

Yes, but they could have picked the car up and returned it after the service, but you cant have everything ;)

Any - Vauxhall Servicing - John F

As someone who has never had a car 'serviced' by a garage, how can I possibly discuss or comment without the following info....

Model, age and mileage?

Apart from the 'correct' visual checks, what did they actually do?

How much, including vat, did you pay?

Edited by John F on 08/03/2018 at 17:56

Any - Vauxhall Servicing - daveyK_UK
Read on a different forum of a user taking their 2 day old 18 plate Vauxhall Crossland back to the Vauxhall dealer for a warranty claim (damaged steering rod, likely done in transit/on transporter), and told to take it to a Citroen dealer who can get the part much faster and who will cover it under warranty as it’s effectively a re-bagged Citroen/Peugeot

Worth adding others on the forum have questioned this and said their Citroen dealer has said this is not at all possible.

Either way, I think it’s a good thing, if it’s more convenient to the customer it should be permitted.
I know of people with Seat cars who use the local Skoda dealer for servicing as they have a far better reputation, VAG have no problem with it in terms of the warranty.