Pools of water in the road - hillman

I have learned to avoid pools of water in the road because they sometimes hide a pothole that can make a nasty mess of the car wheels.

BTW, how do the fashionable elastic band tyres perform when they hit a really nasty pothole ?

The surface at one street crossing dips and forms a pool very easily. When passing that way it is common to see people waiting at the crossing and there is a risk of driving a wall of water over them.

One summer day I was driving through a village and I saw a group of pre-teen girls waiting on the pavement beside a pool in the road and gesticulating to me to drive through the pool thus splashing them. I stopped, lined up, and restarted as though I intended to do so, and at the last moment swerved and missed the pool. I would like to have stopped and saw their faces.

Pools of water in the road - gordonbennet

Hillman, you're a gentleman, i wouldn't have splashed them either even if they wanted, who knows what might be lurking in that water.

I have a big problem with drivers who seem oblivious to standing water and drench others, i can manage to not splash people with an artic by a combination of timing and avoidance, irony when either in front or behind me i see a small car go straight through the deepest part creating a deluge, i always hope there's a razor sharp pot hole lurking in that puddle which causes them many £worth of damage and a flat tyre in the pouring rain.

I would take great delight in stopping to explain my mirth.