Skoda Octavia - New or used - Brettsza

Hi

I am in the market for a new or used car (16 Plate)

got some quotes from dealers for brand new car as well which was about 17k on pcp and 20k cash, was generally looking at SE L

16 plate car is about 12.5k from car supermarket, but atleast it will have a year of manufacurer warranty left to cover me for any immediate problems.

i definitely need diesel as i will be doing about 20k to 25k miles but unable to decide whether to go for 1.6 or 2.0 either. 1.6 might be slightly cheaper to insure specially after the accident than 2.0 but 1.6 only has 5 gears.

since the accident I have sometimes problem changing gears due to back ache, do you think dsg will be better, my mileage is about 80 to 90% motorway

Octavia suits my needs as it is a big boot decent sized car with good fuel efficiency.

Need some suggestions as to what would be better,

Financially whatever i take will be financed but I will get it at 3%.

Skoda Octavia - New or used - SLO76
The 2.0 is the better engine with fewer reported problems and noticeably stronger performance with only a small drop in economy. As for going for a DSG gearbox well that’s fine if you intend on offloading before the warranty is up otherwise I’d avoid at all costs due to the unacceptably high failure rate and crippling cost of repair or replacement. The manual box is vice free.
Skoda Octavia - New or used - FiestaOwner

Hi.

If you're looking for Diesel Automatic, have your thought about the Hyundai I40 or I30 (Estate)?

They're both available with a DCT (Dual Clutch) automatic gearbox.

Of course the main reason for sugesting the Hyundai is the 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. Might be a good idea to change when the warranty runs out though, in case you get landed with unexpected bill with the DCT. Can't recall seeing any bad reports regarding Hyundai's DCT's though.

There is someone who posts here who has an I30 DCT and likes it. Can't remember who it is though.

Skoda Octavia - New or used - bazza

A manual 2.0 tdi Octavia would be a nice car. The 1.6 tdi is fraught with driveability and EGR problems, I think most people in the know would recommend the 2.0 as a vastly better motor.

Skoda Octavia - New or used - scot22

I would be very interested in hearing from 830 owner. It's one on my quite long short list !