PCP finance agreement equity checker - Jabah

Hi everyone,

Is there a service to check current market value of the car on a PCP finance agreement and compare it to the PCP settlement figure? Thereby working out whether I'm in negative equity or positive equity?

Obviously for the majority of the PCP finance agreement it will be negative, but on my last deal (Audi S3 2010) I found that I was in positive equity almost a year prior to my agreement ending! However I discovered this too late and the amount of remaining equity had reduced significantly - I still upgraded though I would of had a larger deposit if I had traded in 10 months earlier...

Audi had told me that I was part of their "key for key" programme that did this for me, though they never got in touch! Then again I guess it's not in their interest.

I want to sign up for notifications or something that periodically checks the equity on my behalf? Does this exist? Am I the only one who thinks this would be useful?!

Thanks for reading,
Cheers,
Jack

PCP finance agreement equity checker - NAthan smith
Only way is to ring finance company and get settlement figure. Ensure they given you a tax rebate aswell. I had used pcp for the last 2 cars now taken the policy over 47 months and sold the car after 2yrs and been in positive equity. Seems to me if you buy Audi,merc, BMW cars which hold value and a re not doing galactic miles pcp works well

Edited by NAthan smith on 07/02/2018 at 19:50