Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI Ghia 52 - Ford Galaxy cutting out - Sullb01

I've had no issues with my Galaxy and then when pulling away the car completely cut out. I called the RAC who could not find any faults and said they beleived the problem was fuel related. They sprayed it with easy start and the car started. I took the car to my local garage who could not find a problem with it when they put it on the diagnostic machine. Since then it has happened a further 4 times whilst driving (once whilst turning right across a main road) and I'm no further forward with locating the issue. I have taken my car to another garage now who think the fuel pump may need replacing. Has anyone had a similar issue and does this diagnostic seem correct as I don't want to just change parts for the sake of it? Any help would be massively appreciated.

Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI Ghia 52 - Ford Galaxy cutting out - elekie&a/c doctor

The VW 1.9 Pd engine fitted to these is generally very reliable and durable. For it to cut out,I would suspect an electrical breakdown. Possible crank sensor fault ,or main fuel relay problem,neither of which may show on a diagnostic cheeck. Not convinced it is a fuel pump fault.There are 2 on this model. Lift pump in the tank and the tandem pump driven off the end of the camshaft. Something else you may want to check ,are the connections to the battery earth/negative terminal,especially the group of brown leads connected here.

Thanks so much for the replies. Would the main fuel relay be relay 109? I seem to hear that mentioned a lot thats all.

Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI Ghia 52 - Ford Galaxy cutting out - hardway

As usual I agree with the "Doc",

And abolutely disstrust garages that "think" it might be....

As the Doc stated it sounds to me like an intermitant CAS fault.

Maybe as you tuned across the road the wiring harness was strained?

Anyhoo a dead give away is when this happens the engine dies and there's zero reading on the tacho.

Af far as the PCM is concerned you've turned the key to the off position.

in the end it turned out to be the injectors - replaced those and its worked since.