Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall corsa ECU Problems - max steel

Hi, I have had a vauxhall corsa out on finance now for about 4 months. Since having the car, I have had to get a new tyre, the break pads replaced and now the ECU has gone on the car. The garage who sourced the car from the finance company provided 3 months cover on the car and it is slightly out of this warranty.

I have contacted the finance company who provided the car, and they have said that they are only willing to repair the vehicle if they can prove the fault was there at point of sale. I have only done 1500-2000 miles in the car, and I am just seeking some advice as to what I should do next in terms of this. They have sent out a mechanic to write a report on the car and I am just waiting on their response…

The car has done 45k miles in total and is a 10 plate

Any advice would be appreciated – thanks Max

Edited by max steel on 30/01/2018 at 11:08

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall corsa ECU Problems - Gibbo_Wirral

I'd say get onto a Corsa forum and see if ECU failure is a common issue.

I'm not clued up on Corsas, but for a comparison example, there's a design flaw in the Peugeot 207 can that allow water to get into the ECU. Peugeot have stumped up the costs for this for owners who have had the trouble.

It might also be worth contacting BBA Reman, a well known name in ECU issues and repairs.

Yeah, ive heard that the corsa's ecu's are located in the similar position so that the water can get to them. Quite frustrating.. Ill have a look around, thanks for the response

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall corsa ECU Problems - elekie&a/c doctor
It’s only the diesel models that suffer water ingress into the engine ecu.What engine do you have?r

2010 vauxhall corsa 1.3 cdti engine

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall corsa ECU Problems - Brit_in_Germany

If you are a "consumer" the consumer rights act gives you a six month period in which the burden of proof is on the supplier that the goods were not defective, rather than you having to show they were. Section 19(14).

Thanks for the reply. They have sent out a mechanic (contractor) who came and wrote a report and sent it back to the finance company. How could they possibly tell and ecu was not faulty at the time they sold it to me?

Edited by max steel on 30/01/2018 at 14:37

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall corsa ECU Problems - elekie&a/c doctor

If the Ecu has failed from water ingress,then it may be possible to revive it by putting the unit in an airing cupboard or on a radiator to dry out .I have had some success with this method.Also make sure the water drain aways are clear where the ecu is located under the wipers.