Budget luxury? - Martin Wall
Any recommendations for a used budget 'luxury' car - auto/air con/leather for about 9K?

I took a look at a Mazda Xedos 6 (gets a good write up from HJ) in a dealers the other day - thankfully I saw it before the valeters. Interior stank of smoke, tyres were marginal and the alloys looked as though they'd never been cleaned!

Shame really, because I was hoping for something nice...no matter. Any other recommendations?

cheers
Re: Budget luxury? - Mark (Brazil)
>Interior stank of smoke, tyres were marginal
>and the alloys looked as though they'd never been cleaned!

Wouldn't air freshener, new tyres and a wheel cleaning session be fairly trivial and probably not cost enough to make it an uneconomic buy ?
Re: Budget luxury? - Martin Wall
> Wouldn't air freshener, new tyres and a wheel cleaning session be fairly trivial
> and probably not cost enough to make it an uneconomic buy ?

I know what you're saying, I just think if its a 'tip' inside and the tyres are almost bald, wheels never cleaned it hardly says 'one caring owner'!
Re: Budget luxury? - Michael
probably a company car (or at least not owned by the driver) but often well maintained (because the driver doesn't have to pay the bills). Worth checking the history.

If you had not seen it pre-valet you would have judged it on it's merit. No reason to do otherwise now.
Re: Budget luxury? - chris watson
my dad is selling his top of the range hyundai sonata, 2.0cdi, auto, its a M reg, its got the air-con, abs, pas, leccy windows front and rear, leccy heated mirrors, leccy sunroof, alloys, 1 previous owner, fsh with 61.000 miles and it has NEVER gone wrong, £4895, plus its not the later pig faced one. i think these cars look very smart, as this one is silver, and looks like a big mondeo.
Re: Budget luxury? - Vin
Martin,

I apologise unreservedly, but I am obliged by an internal force beyond my control to answer "Omega". There, I did it. Sorry.

Mine came from Julian Trim (Auction agent, elsewhere on site) 18 months old, 26K miles, all the toys you need (except leather, which I HATE) and immaculate. £10K including his commissions. If you can live with the comments of tosspot German car drivers who think the badge is all, I think you'd be hard pushed to better it for value for money.

OK, Omega now mentioned. Carry on with a reasoned debate.

Vin