- Dorset123
I too have a new model Fiesta but I find the ride to be very good so not sure why DB should think otherwise this one replaced a 2013 model and I would say that the new one has a slightly better ride but still handles extreme well. Has he checked the tyre pressures perhaps these have been set much too high.
- Engineer Andy

To 'BM' (re getting some new CrossClimate tyres) as regards using the 'correct' pressure: Reading the blimmin manual!

or check the plate on the drivers side door area near the lock.

Its only ever worth lowering tyre pressures (and only a bit - say 2psi) for use of tyres (generally) in heavy snow to get better grip - I would've thought that tyres that are specifically designed to work in such conditions (even if they are all-season types) wouldn't need to do so, but again, the pressures are given in the manual for each size. Facepalm time!

Edited by Engineer Andy on 27/01/2018 at 15:21

Honest John’s Motoring Agony Column 27-01-2018 Part 2 - Keith Nason

Also on the Fiesta, check that the dealer has removed the transport blocks from the suspension. They prevent the suspension moving too much whilst the car is being transported from the factory and are sometimes missed in the pre-delivery work.

Edited by Keith Nason on 27/01/2018 at 21:54

Honest John’s Motoring Agony Column 27-01-2018 Part 2 - jchinuk

Great minds, exactly what I thought. Some dealers do not perorm the Pre Delivery Inspections very well, if at all. One reason for not buying at registration changes, staff are rushed off their feet, so corners many be cut.

From memory transport blocks are bright yellow, so easy to spot looking under the car.