Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI 2004 mod - Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI Engine problems - Marcus Selvik

There is a cable connected to the sensor under the diesel system rail- when connected, the car won't start. But when I remove the cable, the car starts up fine, but it's limited to 3000rpm.. Seems like it's going in emergency mode. Thats when the engine light starts. This makes it impossible for me to get my car on the road again, as they won't accept a lit engine lamp.. (Because of the EU-control).

The local Peugeot dealership have tried changing all the diesel filters without being able to find the fault.

The car has driven 144.000 km.

Please, if anyone has any advice, I'd be glad to hear from you!

Sincerely, Marcus.

Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI 2004 mod - Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI Engine problems - hardway

Cable?

Do you mean a wire?

If so how many wires and what's the printing on the wire?

Possibly the fuel rail pressure sensor connector.

Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI 2004 mod - Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI Engine problems - Peter.N.

If its the 8 valve engine you have they very rarely go wrong but I would suggest that the pressure sensor that the wire is connected to is faulty. Have a look on ebay for a secondhand one, you are very unlikely to get a faulty one. I've got one here somewhere.

Ideally you need someone with a Lexia analyser to tell you exactly what the fault is. Have a look on the 'French Car Forum' , there is a list of owners you should be able to find someone near you that has one who will check it for you. I have two but neither of them work!

Peter

Edited by Peter.N. on 24/01/2018 at 11:48