Jaguar X-Type 2004 175k - Fracked in France - Breakdown Cover Update - joegrundy

Some of our sturdier membars may recall the story I posted in real time last year about my breakdown/recovery from Orleans/A10.

To sum it up, I and the car were independenttly brought home at great expense when the problem turned out to be a detached turbo pipe (despite Pierre the pirate mechanic's insistence it was an injecteur €1500 problem). My local indy fixed it in less than an hor.

Last year I paid £75 for breakdown cover. I shudder to think what that episode in France cost them.

Today, I had a renewal notice. £73.95 including European cover.

I have, of course, renewed it immediately, with gratitude and with fulsome praise.

Jaguar X-Type 2004 175k - Fracked in France - Breakdown Cover Update - craig-pd130

Was the boost pipe secured by a jubilee / screw clip, or was it one of the spring-clip arrangements?

Jaguar X-Type 2004 175k - Fracked in France - Breakdown Cover Update - joegrundy

Was the boost pipe secured by a jubilee / screw clip, or was it one of the spring-clip arrangements?

I must admit - to my shame - that I don't know.

Jaguar X-Type 2004 175k - Fracked in France - Breakdown Cover Update - ExA35Owner

I must admit - to my shame - that I don't know.

Had a similar problem on a Grand Vitara some time back. AA patrol spent some time with his laptop diagnostic kit, was looking increasingly puzzled, as the tech was telling him nothing was wrong, and then by chance spotted the detached pipe out of the corner of his eye. Fixed in no time!

Jaguar X-Type 2004 175k - Fracked in France - Breakdown Cover Update - Smileyman

I recall as in the past I have broken down in France but was able to get the car repaired next morning and did not need to be recovered home.

That's a good place to be, doubly so as the renewal is actually at a lower price too!!