Toyota Aygo 2006 - Road tax - Wil Su
So I am a new driver, and I rushed into buying a car off someone from gumtree. I purchased the car and signed the v5. But after discovering how many faults there were with the car after taking it home I decided to get a refund and off course I didn’t get all my money back but I taxed the car yesterday under my name and signed the new owner section of the v5. As I don’t have the car anymore I am worried if the people that i bought the car from so bad stuff with the car. Will it affect me or my license? I’m just worried.
Toyota Aygo 2006 - Road tax - scot22

I am not a legal professional. My personal view is to go to a police station and ask for advice. I speak as someone who believes our police force wishes to help people stay safe and keep the right side of the law. It's up to you.

Never sign a document you are unsure of.

Toyota Aygo 2006 - Road tax - FP

This is a bit confusing. Taking the points in the order you mention them:

You signed the V5; you got a partial refund (and returned the car at this point, presumably), then taxed the car (why?) and signed the V5. (I'm not sure I have got this right.)

Then you say this: "I am worried if the people that i bought the car from so bad stuff with the car." What does this mean? What are you worried about, exactly?

I can't see that any of this would affect your licence, however. On the face of it, it seems this is just a deal that went wrong, but has now been resolved.

If you could explain a bit more clearly we may be able to offer further advice.

Toyota Aygo 2006 - Road tax - RT

It might be worthwhile writing to DVLA stating that you're no longer the owner and give them the dates - you should be doing that anyway to get your tax refund as it expired the moment to handed the car back.

I never really had the car. I just had it for one day but never bought insurance for it and Just bought road tax for it but returned t back next day.
Toyota Aygo 2006 - Road tax - bathtub tom
I never really had the car. I just had it for one day but never bought insurance for it and Just bought road tax for it but returned t back next day.

How did you manage to tax it without insurance?

I bought the car yesterday and returned it today and obviously didn’t get all my money back but that’s fine. But yesterday once I got the car I signed the v5 and road taxed it. But then found that it had many faults (the car) so told him to take it back. And today I’m just wondering if the signed v5 will be under my name now or still the previous owner even though I gave the car back.
Toyota Aygo 2006 - Road tax - FP

"...I’m just wondering if the signed v5 will be under my name now..."

Probably not - you've transferred the vehicle back.

And this is just a matter of vehicle tax/registered keeper - nothing to do with your licence.

Edited by FP on 19/12/2017 at 21:13

Thanks for clarifying. I was just a bit paranoid cos it’s my first time going to buy a car without any experience.
Toyota Aygo 2006 - Road tax - RT

It might be worthwhile writing to DVLA stating that you're no longer the owner and give them the dates - you should be doing that anyway to get your tax refund as it expired the moment to handed the car back.