Omega Central Locking Problems - cal
I have a problem with the central locking on my Omega.

Last night the locking simply stopped working. Both my keys still seem to have plenty of battery power. Also, the boot release from the key and the button on the dashboard do not work.

I have tried to resynchronise the key (a procedure explained in the owners manual) but this has not worked either.

Anyone got any ideas before I take the car to the vauxhall garage?
Omega Central Locking Problems - Deryck Tintagel
Seems a silly point but have you checked the supply fuse? Has any other electrical function failed - a shared fuse with another faulty unit. I have a Vectra and could have a look at the schematics for a clue if you want - I wouldn't expect it to be too different.
I haven't checked the fuse yet but I will give it a go tonight. The only other electrical thing which might be faulty is the internal light which usually dims slowly after I start the car. I think I noticed that the light switched of immediately last night (I'll have to check again).

It certainly sounds like something to check. Cheers
Omega Central Locking Problems - Dynamic Dave
Do all the doors still lock by tradition methods - ie, key in lock? Have you checked the central locking fuse?
Yes, I can still open and lock each door individually with the key.

I'll check the fuse tonight.

Thanks
Omega Central Locking Problems - smokie
I've an Omega too which sometimes refuses to respond unless I am right by the driver door, pointing plip at wing mirror. Batteries OK etc. It's never had a very long range.
Sometimes it helps to hold the plip under your chin. You may look foolish to those watching, but it has something to do with the skull acting as an antenna.
Okay, you guys were right it was the fuse that was the problem.

I located the central locking fuse from the manual and it looked fine. I removed the fuse and replaced it and then tried the remote and everything came back to life.

So, thanks for the help - I just know that if I had taken it to a dealer I would have been charged for a couple of hours labour.

Good to know that you have sorted the problem.
Omega Central Locking Problems - seiki
My Omega locking has packed up - where is the fuse located, I cannot see it listed in the manual supplied with the car. I am sure it is something very simple and like you do not want charging a lot for a trivial job.
Thanks
If it is anything like the Vectra, the fusebox is just to the right of the driver's right knee under the dash. The fuses are detailed on the back of the fuseboxlid but I cannot remember the symbol for the locking. Check at lunchtime if needed.
Omega Central Locking Problems - smokie
According to Haynes central locking receiver is on fuse 12 (20A) which also covers interior lights, radio, direction indicators, hazard lights and the MFD.

Central locking itself is on 20A fuse 20 and also covers the courtesy lights.

So depending on what else isn't working will tell you which fuse.

What's the difference between interior lights and courtesy lights???
What's the difference between interior lights and courtesy lights???

Aren't courtesy lights the ones in the doors that illuminate the footpath so that you don't end up treading in anything unpleasant?
Thanks for your reply, I've been offline over Xmas so only just picked it up! Fuse 20 is ok so what next? I can lock the car ok with the key but every time I open it and get in the alarm goes off! Any ideas how to inhibit this? Cheers, Seiki.
I can lock the car ok with the key but every
time I open it and get in the alarm goes off!
Any ideas how to inhibit this? Cheers, Seiki.

I see above that you've tried resetting the key. I take it you've done this by putting the key in the ignition, turning to position 2 and then pressing the buttons on the keyfob? Confirmation that it has worked will activate the C/L.

Thanks for your reply, I've been offline over Xmas so only just picked it up! Fuses are as you suggested, however they are all OK so must be something more sinister (or expensive). Cheers, Seiki.