FIAT Punto 2003 1.2 8v - no dash light, turns over but will not start - Matthew Broomfield

Hi I have a fiat punto mk 2, so I have no dash lights only an airbag light, car turns over but will not start. my passenger window is half way down and now no power to put it back up.

I have check all fuses and swop the relays around, I have checked the earth point.

Just replace the ignition switch. No change.

There are 7 wires going to the ignition switch. The plug with 3 wires I am happy that

Brown is starting motor

Red is main power in.

Orange is injection system.

But the plug with 4 wires.

Light Blue gets power when ignition switch is on.

Dark blue gets power when ignition switch is on and at the start position

Red-light blue i thinks goes to the steering column multifunction switch.

Yellow i have no idea.

Any help would be great as the car is very clean and tidy and I would like to beat the problem.

Many thanks for looking.

Edited by Matthew Broomfield on 10/12/2017 at 11:27

FIAT Punto 2003 1.2 8v - no dash light, turns over but will not start - elekie&a/c doctor

Have you checked fuses in both the engine bay and cabin fuse box ?Also,I would disconnect battery for 5 mins.Re-check the earth point on left chassis leg,just below battery.Grab hold of the cables to see if any are broken /fractured.

FIAT Punto 2003 1.2 8v - no dash light, turns over but will not start - Matthew Broomfield

Thanks for the reply sorry for the delay in my response, it was the earth under the dash, it had been repaired at some point but not very well. All fixed.