Astra - Egr valve Astra 1.6 - Rich212121

Hi,

I need to buy a Ggr valve for my astra which is a 1.6 (115) 16v club just seeing if you knowledgeable people know the best place to get one. Don' want to pay too much (like most) happy to buy it online. Also I want to make sure I get the right one.

Astra - Egr valve Astra 1.6 - RobJP

eurocarparts currently have a 35% off everything sale - use code WEEKEND35.

However, do get a price from a Vauxhall dealer too, you might be lucky. Sometimes they can be competitive.

Thank Rob.

Do you or anybody else but from eBay? Should I be looking on there for a new part as there prices seem alor lower (guessing no overheads etc)

Cheers

Astra - Egr valve Astra 1.6 - RobJP

The problem with ebay is that quality can be very variable - from OEM quality to cheap dross that fails after a few weeks.

Remember with ebay feedback that it's given soon after purchase - if the parts are failing 2-3 months down the line, that will not be reflected in the feedback.

That is a fair point.

The part I think I'm looking for is 424720041 but I'm not sure if that' the only one which will fit the car.

So mime for example is 424720041 but would 17200272 fit as that seem to go with a 16v astra like mine?

Astra - Egr valve Astra 1.6 - Peter.N.

What I do when buying from ebay is carefully compare the pictures of the product from different sellers, you will often find that the same one is being sold at different prices.

I have had a considerable early failure problem with drop links, only lasting about a year, the engineering is not the problem its poor quality rubber boots allowing the ingress of water after a relatively short time.

I bought a water pump for a 406 and on comparing the pictures I found they all looked identical - at a range of different prices.

Astra - Egr valve Astra 1.6 - Simon
My advice would be to fit a blanking plate instead.