S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - George HILLIER

In the 1990's I ran a recovery business, During this time a recovered three Mercs

which had collapsed front suspension due the bottom wishbone failing. I discovered

that some Merc components were manufactured is South Africa and some in Europe.

It was the South African ones that were faining. Two had failed overnight and when the

car was reversed in the morning the front wheel broke away from the wishbone and

folded up into the wheel arch. The cars were delivered to the Merc dealer in Worcester

where I was surprised to here from mechanic 'Its always happening'. Following Diana's

accident I relayed this information to the Metropolitan Police who were investigating the

crash. Despite contacting them on three occasions I got no response. I now read the car

in her accident had been written off. Having also contacted the BBC who refuse a

freedom of information request. I note all there courtesy cars and camera vans are

Mercs. People talk about the Masonic Pollution that exists in this country? I would

suggest some other kind of corruption is going on. The three star badge featured on

the six oclock BBC news and other major programes over 1000 times in 2002.

Always in the backgroud in Formula 1, Eastenders/ Crime dramas/documentarys.

WHAT HOLD HAS MERCEDES GOT OVER THE BRITISH MEDIA ? Anyone out

there know.................................................

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - craig-pd130

Irrespective of any supposed conspiracies or high rates of component failure, one thing is certain: if she and her fellow passenger had been wearing their seatbelts, they would in all likelihood have survived the crash.

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - RobJP

In the 1990's I ran a recovery business, During this time a recovered three Mercs

which had collapsed front suspension due the bottom wishbone failing. I discovered

that some Merc components were manufactured is South Africa and some in Europe.

It was the South African ones that were faining. Two had failed overnight and when the

car was reversed in the morning the front wheel broke away from the wishbone and

folded up into the wheel arch. The cars were delivered to the Merc dealer in Worcester

where I was surprised to here from mechanic 'Its always happening'. Following Diana's

accident I relayed this information to the Metropolitan Police who were investigating the

crash. Despite contacting them on three occasions I got no response. I now read the car

in her accident had been written off. Having also contacted the BBC who refuse a

freedom of information request. I note all there courtesy cars and camera vans are

Mercs. People talk about the Masonic Pollution that exists in this country? I would

suggest some other kind of corruption is going on. The three star badge featured on

the six oclock BBC news and other major programes over 1000 times in 2002.

Always in the backgroud in Formula 1, Eastenders/ Crime dramas/documentarys.

WHAT HOLD HAS MERCEDES GOT OVER THE BRITISH MEDIA ? Anyone out

there know.................................................

Oh dear. A severe case ofTinfoil-hatted-itis. Probably uncurable.

Lets see.

You recovered three Mercs in the 90s where suspension components had failed.

Wow. I mean, out of all the tens of thousands, 3 had failures. A mechanic told you that it was always happening, yet you only recovered 3.

You note that all the BBC courtesy cars and camera vans are Mercs.

Yes, that's probably because they offered a better deal than other manufacturers. Just like any big company. If someone else comes along and offer them a good deal, you can bet they'll get a load of the business too.

People talk about the Masonic pollution that exists in this country

They do ? Only the deranged seem to. And they bring it up to 'prove' their point, without 'proving' anything.

The 3 star badge appears on the BBC new and other major programmes over 1000 times in 2002

That was 15 years ago. Think about it. A decade and a half. I mean, how deranged do you have to be to see a conspiracy in something that far back.

Always in the background in formula 1 ...

Erm. Back then, they were working as an engine supplier to McLaren. Who were one of the very top teams, so always on the podium, sponsors logo nicely visible.

---------------------------------------

In short, I think you might need to go see your doctor, he may need to increase the dose on your meds ...

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - oldroverboy.

---------------------------------------

In short, I think you might need to go see your doctor, he may need to increase the dose on your meds ...

Nicely put!

Orb

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - catsdad
I was going to make a jokey reply then thought better of it. This is about death, after all. This site is better than a cesspit for conspiracy theorists and I assume Avant will lock it PDQ.
S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - argybargy

The OP touches quite eloquently on the obsession of the British public with celebrity, and the badges and emblems of celebrity. You see, I think his post MUST be tongue in cheek, because otherwise it brooks an entirely different response.

If our media wasn't chock full of shallow, banal rubbish about this actress, this politician, that reality TV star or that latest contestant on Strictly, we might be able to fit in some real news about what's happening in the world. But the folks who make those programmes and edit that news believe in their wisdom that we all like a bit of escapism because our lives are a bit rubbish and we'd rather forget about them and hear about Ms X being groped by Harvey Wallbanger.

Well, my life isn't a bed of roses ALL the time, but it certainly isn't rubbish. However, some other folks out there who, unlike celebrities do not have the media at their beck and call ARE having rubbish lives, and I'd rather hear about them, and hear about what we can do to help them, rather than hear old news about a lingering obsession of our fellow Britons.

So, OP--if your post IS meant to be serious, please: let the People's Princess rest in peace and find something more useful to do.

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - John F

Extraordinary how this event (basically an incompetent drunk driver, happens every weekend) generated so much nonsense.

I too was disappointed that so little publicity was given to the almost certainty of survival if seat belts had been worn. There was also the contributory factor of poor road design - for years the buttresses of motorway bridges have had deflecting armco fitted, but not there. Also, if 'scoop-and-run' rather than 'stay-and-play' had been the policy, especially so close to a trauma hospital, she might have survived rather than internally bleeding to death in the ambulance.

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - RT

Extraordinary how this event (basically an incompetent drunk driver, happens every weekend) generated so much nonsense.

I too was disappointed that so little publicity was given to the almost certainty of survival if seat belts had been worn. There was also the contributory factor of poor road design - for years the buttresses of motorway bridges have had deflecting armco fitted, but not there. Also, if 'scoop-and-run' rather than 'stay-and-play' had been the policy, especially so close to a trauma hospital, she might have survived rather than internally bleeding to death in the ambulance.

The ambulance "scoop & run" method was abandoned decades ago in the UK - stablising the patient within the "golden hour" is considered much better - scoop & run may be appropriate for some of the other emergency services to remove patients from potential further harm.

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - gordonbennet

Whatever the circumstances of the event, i won't call it an accident, one thing i would lay my life savings on and that is the driver would have been competent and drink free.

People in their position do not get driven about by half cut idiots, they never have done and they never will.

As with so much of what goes on in the world, we the proletariat will never know what really happened, as for the beeb i wouldn't trust that organisation to tell me the correct time.

Its not unusual for Mercedes springs to snap, in fact its almost a given on an E class, but they usually snap when standing not on the move, the car may drop but unless the spring punctures the tyre instantly full control will be maintained, the previous W210 E Class was a rot box and the spring perches would break off the inner wing brackets, among other rot associated problems.

Edited by gordonbennet on 20/10/2017 at 17:04

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - oldroverboy.

I think that the original post is not a debatable point.

Personally I would be happy i Avant closed the thread and even happier if he deleted it entirely, as this is the wrong place for such a subject.

ORB..

S 280/C/Others - Mercedes Diana's Death - Avant

Agreed. I'll close it but leave it up just in case another conspiracy theorist with too much time on their hands tries it on.