Vauxhall Zafira B, 1.9 Diesel CDTi 2008 - Steering wheel won't turn - after EGR/battery disc - zxcv1234

Hi all. First post, so pls be gentle.

I carried out a DIY clean-up of my EGR valve today by following a youtube video.

All went well, and I was pleased the car started after I reconnected everything. However, the steering wheel is complete stuck, and is VERY difficult to turn in any direction and the car is un-driveable. I am not sure how the EGR valve removal/replacement could have affected the steering. The other thing I am thinking of is that I had disconnected the battery completely, cleaned the terminals and put it back onlone again.

The clock on the dashboard of course started from 00:00 again etc.

Any ideas? I am not an expert by any means, so any basic steps I can do to narrow down on the root cause of the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Vauxhall Zafira B, 1.9 Diesel CDTi 2008 - Steering wheel won't turn - after EGR/battery disc - elekie&a/c doctor

The power steering system on these is electric/hydraulic. It is important that the alternator charging system is working correctly. Also check any wiring that runs down the back of the engine bay,it may have been disturbed while carrying out your repairs.

Vauxhall Zafira B, 1.9 Diesel CDTi 2008 - Steering wheel won't turn - after EGR/battery disc - zxcv1234

. "Also check any wiring that runs down the back of the engine bay"

It was exactly this....thanks for the assistance.