Peugeot 307 - Miss fire - diddydiner

Had a new clutch fitted going back, and after the engine been cutting out whilst driving..I havnt drove the car since it happened and been waiting for someone to see to it .Hooked it up to a cheap reader and its saying crankshaft sensor and missfire on number 3 ! I wondered if it was to do with the fitting as i have never had any trouble before?? Also can anyone give me a photo of where the sensor is located ?. Thanks..

Peugeot 307 - Miss fire - hardway

Not without the engine size/fuel type.

Hi, its a 1.4 petrol 54 plate.

Photo is going to be tough as its right down at the back of the engine where it joins the gearbox.

And it's possible to damage the CAS when doing a clutch.

Try calling the garage that did the job and explaining the problems.

Whoops,

MY bad its at the front of the engine going through into the gearbox,

But still possible to damage doing a clutch,

The other advice stands.

Thanks. I did tow it back to the garage, he said fuel pump, so i replaced . Plugged in and it said crank/cam sensor position. Later it showed misfire on 3. Dont want to take it back lol. So hard job to do the sensor then ?

code p1339 . which is not listed

code P0336 crankshaft position sensor range/performance.

code P0303 cylinder v3 misfire.

Peugeot 307 - Miss fire - Gibbo_Wirral

New clutch you say? Easy one this, they've damaged the crank sensor during removal or fitting. Happens a lot.

The sensor should be removed before clutch is changed.

Other fault codes are due to the faulty sensor.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 13/10/2017 at 13:38

Peugeot 307 - Miss fire - Gibbo_Wirral

I told you this last month when you posted the same problem. Did you not check and change the sensor? Its not an expensive part.

Changed sensor and plugs. It's now still lumprty. Getting code p 1339. Not ionthe list in the book ?
Peugeot 307 - Miss fire - Dartrader

Hi there, just googled your error code P1339 and on the Peugeot forums it says “Camshaft Position Sensor”. I can’t offer any other advice but it’s worth a look, it might put you in the right direction. Dave.

I have, a million times. No joy on a 307,

OK, I found this THIS. It clearly states your error code and model. Click through and have a read, hope it helps. Indicates a misfire on cylinder 3. Dave.

Great thanks very much. Now that's funny because I have not got that code in my manual. I had Misfire on 3 come up but had different code to the above. I also crankshaft position code showed up.. Put in new sensor and plugs, was a little better, but seems very slight pop on driving up the rd. Management light still on but flashing..both codes are gone except the p1339. .?

Hi, OK I have to be honest and say I am a little out of touch with modern petrol cars and I have no experience with your model, but from the advice I’ve had on here regarding my own problem I’d now be looking at coil or coil Pack and HT lead to number 3 pot, or maybe a mechanical issue, valve on number 3 pot. Just a thought. Dave.

Ok, so crankshaft sensor was replaced, not sure if it was damaged ? It didnt look the same as the old one lol. But we changed this first and it was much better but still had a little put put sound. Changed the coil pack and all is fine now. Decided to buy a new pack insted of secondhand. Cost with guarantee £38.

Now the thing that was swaying us was the codes..After putting crank sensor in the codes for crank and missfire on 3 went away, and it seeemed ok,ish although managment light was flashing!! but the P1339 code was still there, which was not listed in the book. Found out on here that the code from peurgot was For missfire on number 3. We then went on to the coil pack. Very strange as the code for misssfire on my unit is P0303. So although the OBD gave us a good indication That P1339 is the missfire on number 3.