Ford Fiesta 2001 Freestyle - Coolant leaking - STUART GRIFFITHS

Good Evening,

I am hoping for some advise on a leak i have on my Fiesta.

I have filled up the coolant twice this week and it seems to keep on emptying. There is a puddle of liquid under the engine on the road each morning i leave to go to work with the coolant tank empty.

After doing a google search it may be thermostat housing that is the issue.

Would that also be affecting my heaters inside as they seem to be blowing warm air despite being switched off and would this be an expensive job?

I am not mechanically minded so any thoughts would be grateful.

Regards

Ford Fiesta 2001 Freestyle - Coolant leaking - bathtub tom

I think you should leave the work to someone who is mechanically minded.

oh, im not going to attempt any work.

Just wanted a guess to the issue and cost.

Ford Fiesta 2001 Freestyle - Coolant leaking - RobJP

Without someone actually examining the car, any guess would be just that - a guess.

So, at a guess :

It could be a loose bolt of failed gasket on the waterpump - cost to fix £20-30.

Or it could be a failed head gasket. Car is scrap.

Or anywhere in between.

thanks for your reply.

im taking into the garage tomorrow so ill see what they say.

Ford Fiesta 2001 Freestyle - Coolant leaking - FiestaOwner

Good Evening,

I am hoping for some advise on a leak i have on my Fiesta.

I have filled up the coolant twice this week and it seems to keep on emptying. There is a puddle of liquid under the engine on the road each morning i leave to go to work with the coolant tank empty.

After doing a google search it may be thermostat housing that is the issue.

Would that also be affecting my heaters inside as they seem to be blowing warm air despite being switched off and would this be an expensive job?

Regards

It could be leaking from anywhere! If you're lucky, it could be any of the following:

• A split (perished) rubber hose
  • A corroded jubilee clip on one of the rubber hoses
  • Leaking water pump
  • Leaking radiator
  • Split header tank

It's should not be difficult to diagnose. It's only a case of seeing where the water is coming from. Just need to open the bonnet and have a look from the top first of all. But usually involves lying down under the car with a torch. If it's leaving water on the road, you should be able to trace the leak.

If your heater is only blowing hot air, it could be the heater control valve which is faulty (Google "Fiesta Heater Control Valve"). Seems to be a common problem with older Fiesta's

Thank you for kindly answering. I'll post tomorrow once I've had it checked. Fingers crossed not too expensive