MINI One - Cost of a Diagnostic test - nicnac

Hi,

How much should i pay for a diagnostic test? i have been given quotes ranging from £35 up to £150.

Thank you

MINI One - Cost of a Diagnostic test - hardway

Variable,

As you've found out.

The bottom end is more likely just a fault code read.

The higher end is more comprehensive.

Perhaps you don't realise is top end scanners cost thousands.

And training for the use of these scanners isn't cheap either.

Not to mention the years of experience of the tech.

It all adds up.

So to lessen the cost we'd need a little more information.

Which Mini?

Engine size?

fuel type?

Is the engine warning lap on/on and flashing?

Any other symptoms.

MINI One - Cost of a Diagnostic test - Wackyracer

I suppose the question we should be asking is why do you think you need a diagnostic test.

As Hardway says, a quick code read is a few minutes work, a full diagnostic read of live data searching for a fault can take alot longer and requires a person who knows what they are doing.

If I didn't have my own scanner I'd use a Bosch service centre, at least you know they will be doing a good job using a top quality scanner.

MINI One - Cost of a Diagnostic test - elekie&a/c doctor

Looks like you have posted the question at least 3 times. You can d i y with this.As to whether you will understand the info given is another matter.www.amazon.co.uk/Diagnostics-Automotive-Diagnostic...2

MINI One - Cost of a Diagnostic test - RobJP

Looks like you have posted the question at least 3 times. You can d i y with this.As to whether you will understand the info given is another matter.www.amazon.co.uk/Diagnostics-Automotive-Diagnostic...2

<--- sarcasm mode on --->

Hey look, here's a thread where someone asked about getting diagnostics done on a similar car.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=119680

Maybe you could have posted on their thread, asking how they got on, if they followed recommendations that were given, etc ?

<--- sarcasm mode off--->

As doc has said, you've asked about this already. You've been given recommendations as to garages.

There comes a time when you need to stop faffing about and get on with it.

Edited by RobJP on 17/09/2017 at 13:51