Mini One 2012 1.6 Auto, Petrol - Engine Diagnostics - nicnac

Hi,

My check engine light is on indicating engine malfunction with degradation of the emissions. I am looking for a independent garage in the Finchley area. How much is a fair price for the engine diagnostics and what does it entail? How much is a fair price of the cost of hourly labour?

Thanks for your help.

Mini One 2012 1.6 Auto, Petrol - Engine Diagnostics - RobJP

At the top of the page, you'll see various 'tabs' : Cars, Vans, Classics ... 'Good garage guide' ...

As to how much is a fair price, well, you might get it done really cheap. But if they're useless at turning the codes into a fault that they can then rectify, then it turns out expensive.

On the other hand, a garage might be expensive on the diagnostics, but if the operator is really good at working out what it really means and can translate that into fixing a fault, then they might work out cheaper in the long run.

Just bear in mind that the yellow EML light is not an MOT failure. If you can live with it, then chucking loads of money into diagnosing and then fixing it might not be worthwhile.

Mini One 2012 1.6 Auto, Petrol - Engine Diagnostics - oldroverboy.

If you can get there Rickmansworth Service station, opposite rickmansworth underground.

I used them for years when I lived there.

Fair, not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either, and no rip offs. Family run.

Met line to get home via finchley road.

Mini One 2012 1.6 Auto, Petrol - Engine Diagnostics - elekie&a/c doctor

These people could be not far from you;www.brunswickgarage.com/

I would also check the engine oil level first.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 12/09/2017 at 17:14