VW Golf electrics - CM
Something strange is happening to my wife's Golf Mk3. It is not particularly a problem but more a nuisance. The digital clock resets itself to midnight every now and then. My first thought it that the battery is somehow disconecting itself but this sounds a bit strange as the car runs around happily.

Do you guys have any thoughts and could there be a larger problem lurking?

Ta.
VW Golf electrics - DavidHM
Do you have a coded radio? An immobiliser? Anything else that depends on the battery?
VW Golf electrics - Peter D
You need to gain access to the rear of the speedo. This is done by removing the speedo to reseat the multi connector on the rear of the speedo. Look under the dash to see if you can gain access even it is to only check the connector is fully home. Regards Peter.
VW Golf electrics - CM
Do you have a coded radio? An immobiliser? Anything
else that depends on the battery?

Radio is standard VW and I think that it does have a code

Immobiliser is a retro fit Clifford with alarm

Problem only occured post VW dealer service
VW Golf electrics - DavidHM
If the radio is coded, it is extremely likely that it would be reset if the battery is becoming disconnected. Similarly, the alarm might go off - although I guess it would depend on the configuration.
VW Golf electrics - OAP

I had the same problem recently on same model. It turned out that my battery was nearing the end of it's life but I couldn't complain, it was nine years old and had had a lot of cold starts.